Greetings from SEDEMAC
We have an urgent opening for the post of Engineer / Lead Engineer, R&D (Rapid Control Prototyping) for Pune (Bhosari) Location.
Position: Engineer: Engineer / Lead Engineer, R&D (Rapid Control Prototyping)
Qualification: Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering
Experience: 1-5 years
Engineer / Lead Engineer R&D working on rapid control prototyping, is expected to build hardware & software platforms which can be used across SEDEMAC for prototyping new technologies. S/he is expected to collaborate with a cross functional team to create rigs for conducting experiments, and to build proof-of-concept platforms for demonstrating new technologies. This role is suitable for engineers who strike a chord with hands on nature of work.
The candidate will work primarily on creating rigs & platforms to enable proof-of-concept (PoC) demonstrations of new technologies developed within SEDEMAC and to provide prototyping-as-a-service to internal teams within SEDEMAC. The nature of work will be heavily interdisciplinary and will involve work on electronics, software development & also occasionally mechanical prototyping. The candidate will be required to:
1. Develop understanding of the PoC exercise to be conducted through interactions with internal customers, and to convert the understanding into a formal specification to be executed.
2. Manage the PoC exercise as a project and break down the project into tasks which can be executed & tracked as units.
3. Drive hardware & software specifications, circuit design, mechanical design, software design, electronic component selection, verification, validation, documentation, and miscellaneous problem resolution activities related to rig & platform development.
4. Coordinate with hardware & software engineering functions for executing relatively complex engineering tasks as part of the PoC exercise.
5. Mitigate all risks involved in the PoC project and manage development through all design stages till hand-over to internal customer.
6. Act as a single point for internal customers for all technical matters related to the PoC exercise
Desired technical skills
1. Familiarity with MATLAB / Python / Embedded C
2. Familiarity with PCB design tools such as Eagle, PADS etc.
3. Familiarity with 3D CAD tools such as Autodesk Fusion 360, PTC Creo etc.
4. Experience with new product development.
5. Understanding of considerations in design of embedded electronic controller products intended to be used for prototyping.
Desired soft skills
1. Good written and verbal communication skills.
2. Ability to work with a cross-functional team.
3. Professional attitude towards work.
4. Sense of ownership and urgency when working in the company.
5. Strong sense of ethics
1. Attractive compensation scheme comprising of a base salary, bonus etc.
2. There will be a technical evaluation including a technical test.
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Sedemac Mechatronics Private Ltd
We are a products company focused on controls for small engines and powertrains.
We believe that powertrain controls has taken a certain direction around designs built initially for bigger engines in the developed world. And that addressing applications involving smaller engines, millions of which are produced especially in the developing world, needs a company with a clean-sheet approach to engine controls sans legacy. We are such a company.
The company was founded by Shashi, Raj, Amit & Manish technocrats who came together as part of a research group led by Shashi at the Indian Institute of Technology in Mumbai. What started as a small lab-based enterprise has now grown into a company that supplies/licenses unique control products to leading manufacturers such as Mahindra, Kirloskar, Ashok Leyland, TATA Motors, TVS Motor, Hero Motocorp etc.
For more details, please visit our company website : http://www.sedemac.com/
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.