To be responsible for delivering lessons in accordance with the designed programme, corporate strategy and guidelines and utilize the worksheets, materials, teaching aids and methods that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experience.
The following are the responsibilities of the Teacher to deliver the lessons effectively:
1. To be effectively prepared for each lesson plan i.e. read plans, attend curriculum related workshops and seek clarification, if necessary.
2. Be aware of the objectives in the lesson plan and introduces accordingly.
3. Be logical and clear in presentation of the introduction of lesson plan.
4. Teach as per instructions given in the lesson plan and makes use of various teaching aids, resources, activities, assignments listed in the lesson plan.
5. Integrates information from other areas within and outside the lesson plan and gives relevant examples, metaphors and analogies, use of creativity, humor and imagination to establish connections with students previous learning.
6. Use of effective voice intonation to communicate and instructs using correct and appropriate language and grammar.
7. Maintain eye contact and moves around the class with ease and interacts with students.
8. Translate lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time.
9. Effective Time management.
B) STUDENT ADMINISTRATION
The Teacher should ensure that the student growth and achievement is continuous and appropriate for age group, subject area, and/or program classification with the active engagement in the learning process. The following are the areas to be focused on:
1. Should be approachable and treats students fairly and objectively.
2. Inculcate discipline in and out of the classroom.
3. Gear the teaching to the needs of every student with a concern for their interests, handicaps, special talents, individual styles and pace of learning.
4. Treat children with dignity and respect.
5. Promote maximum student participation and interest and assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study
6. Monitor student progress constantly and adjust pace accordingly.
7. Involve all students in the learning process and provide opportunities for all students to experience success.
8. Enforce regulations concerning student conduct and discipline and maintains clear and appropriate standards for student behavior in the classroom and on school premises.
9. Adhere to appropriate and effective measures and implement the policy of issuing yellow, Orange & red slips to ensure discipline after the Coordinators approval.
10. Conduct spot checks for improperly dressed students on a daily basis.
11. Class work, Home Work sheets and Assessment Papers are corrected and quality and structured feedback given to the child. Mark, grade and return class work and homework within agreed time span, providing written/verbal and diagnostic feedback as required
12. Keeps a check on basic hygiene, is aware of the previous history and attends to health matters seriously and diligently of each child.
13. Hold discussion with Coordinators & taking joint decisions with the Principal, in case of specific students
14. New Students to be inducted and guided as per guidelines.
15. Supervise students at lunch and arrival and departure points.
C) Classroom Functioning
The following are the duties attached to Classroom Functioning:
1. To create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students
2. Create an effective environment for learning through functional and attractive displays, bulletin boards, and interest centers
3. Classroom arrangement should be appropriate to lesson plan goals. planning, preparing and delivering lessons to a range of classes including putting up displays in the classroom
4. Maintain professional and positive relationship with parents; provide feedback to parents on the students progress and on any specific incident at parents' meetings. The Teacher should listen to and communicate with parents effectively and politely.
5. Identify student needs and coordinates with the Coordinator and Special Educator in assessing and addressing the emotional,behavioural,social and intellectual problems
6. Update the respective grade level coordinator about any significant episode or incident related to the classroom.(student illness, long absenteeism without intimation)
7. Performs daily duties: Filling up of Log Book, Record Daily, student attendance, student diary, filling daily attendance in ERP and record of confiscated items.
8. Remarks in the School Diary to be written appropriately and acknowledged by the parents.
9. Manage the classroom responsibly i.e orderly and timely arrangement, appearance, dcor, and maintains a conducive learning environment of the classroom. Monitor physical setup and ensure cleanliness and maintenance of the classroom area.
II. General Administration
The Teacher should follow professional practices consistent with school systems and policies in working with students, students records, parents, and colleagues.
1. Maintenance of Records
Be aware in terms of the process & maintenance of Records as per guidelines mentioned in the Teachers Manual.
Compile and maintain appropriate, accurate, complete, and correct records and provide relevant, accurate and up-to date information for school systems.
Maintain confidentiality of students and students records.
The Teacher needs to maintain the following records:
a. SPA Records
b. Guardian files
c. Student Portfolio
d. Attendance registers.(Doubt)
e. Student Record Book
f. Internal Mark record template
g. Library file
h. School Diary
i. Teachers message book
j. Assist the Coordinator to update records in regards to events such as VIVA, culminating activities, PTMs, Special days, and field trips are updated and maintained.
k. Assist the Coordinator to update the list of Extracurricular and SPA activities, details of inter house competitions and house points recorded and updated.
l. Assembly file
m. Website report file
2. School policies.
The Teacher should be familiar with sections of the teacher handbook with reference to the duties, Code of conduct and disciplinary powers of teachers.
Be aware of and adhere to all policies of the school affecting teachers and students.
Should fulfill all contractual obligations.
To attend all meetings convened by the principal and coordinators, unless prior permission taken to be absent has been obtained.
Adhere to all the policies in force or introduced from time to time and actively implement of the same.
3. Special Events:
Participate in organizing and implementing the special events of the school.
Assist in public relations events and other special events sponsored by school.
4. Professional Development
The Teacher must undergo regular observations and participate in Curriculum workshops as part of continuing professional development,
Attend all staff meetings and participate in the recommended training programs, conferences, courses and other aspects of professional growth.
The Teacher must protect and maintain all school property at all given point in time.
5. Professional Traits
Displays and Maintains attractive display boards that reflects student work
Discusses students related issues and maintains professional and positive relationship with parents
Updates the respective grade level coordinator about any significant episode or incident related to the classroom(Students illness, long absenteeism without intimation)
Liasons with the coordinator in case of special needs identified in a child
Performs daily duties: Filling up Log Book, Record daily student aatendance, School Dairy and record of confiscated items.
Remarks in the School Dairy are written appropriately and acknowledged by the parents.
6. Conduct stock taking of teaching aids on quarterly basis along with the Coordinator.
7. The Teacher is responsible for effective co-ordination within departments to conduct her day today functioning.
8. The Main Teacher should supervise and support the work of the Co-Teacher.
9. Meet the professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, honoring schedules, coordinating.
10. To comply with any reasonable request from the Coordinator to undertake work of a similar level that is not specified in this job description.
11. To ensure that any information deemed confidential by the Coordinator is not transferred to a third party without their explicit consent.
UG: B.Ed - Education, B.A - English, History
PG:M.A - Any Specialization, English
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required