In your role you will get an opportunity to become a Subject Matter Expert in Global Payroll and Compliances. We strongly believe in freedom of operation and that clearly reflects in our modus operandi. Apart from holding the Research function for the Offshore tax team, the expansion mode that we are presently it will provide you with an opportunity to delve into new avenues e.g. exposure to corporate compliances and advisory assignments.
Nexdigm Corporte Services provides a Single window compliance service to Indian MNCs having overseas branches / subsidiaries.
As an Offshore tax Executive, you will be responsible for developing the Compliance Universe for countries in which our clients operate. The role involves significant technical research.
You will also work closely with SKPs overseas associate firms for last mile connectivity and staying up to date with the changes in legislation and compliance requirements in the respective countries.
Research on Income tax laws of different countries concerning individuals with specific reference to Payroll taxes including:
a. Types of taxes on Salary Income, including federal, state and local taxes, and other levies like Social Security, Employee medical insurance levies or benefits etc.;
b. Concept of salary income and Liability on various types of payments made to employees, like cash salary, allowances, non cash benefits / perquisites, reimbursement of business and other expenses to employees etc.;
c. Types of Tax free payments to employees;
d. Specific conditions in the case of expat / Non resident employees;
e. Whether any kind of exemption is available to short term travelers working on Work permit;
f. Basis of calculating total (yearly) taxes and monthly taxes on salary payments;
g. Basis of charging tax on one time payments like, Initial settlement (relocation) allowance, yearly bonus, leave encashment, awards, overtime or special incentives, etc.
Research on the processes / prevalent practices under the various tax and other laws including compliance requirements under the different federal and state laws
Research on the Client companies in different countries:
a. Preparing Compliance Universe for different countries
b. Preparing detailed process maps / manuals after understanding client circumstances and compliance universe relevant for the Client company
Research on corporate Compliances:
a. Tax and other applicable indirect taxes.
b. Compliance requirements, applicability and schedule
c. Computation of taxes and filing of returns
d. Maintenance of books of accounts and secretarial compliances
Research on Data security requirements in relation to personal data moving out of any country for processing purposes.
Presentation and training to team members on the various aspects of the research done on the legal and process related matters of employment / payroll taxes To be tailor-fit for the above skill sets, you need to have,
- A dynamic personality and a passion to perfection to suit the organizations needs
- Should have a very good understanding of Indian / Any other countrys Income Tax Law with specific emphasis on employment taxes and taxation of expatriates, corporate tax, service tax, sales tax and upcoming GST
- Should have good knowledge of Employee Taxation and be able to advise on structuring of salary.
- Should be able to independently carry out research on aspects/issues arising on Income Tax.
- Basic understanding of international tax or cross border transactions
- Should have good drafting skills
- Should have good communication skills, both oral and written
- Good interpersonal skills ability to develop relationships, issue resolution, dealing with escalations
- Should be a self starter