Do you like to work on groundbreaking technologies that span mobile, consumer and high-performance applications? Are you looking to collaborate with a team of industry experts to create products that impact billions of people? We are looking for a hardworking Semiconductor Packaging simulation expert to join our global team.
As a Simulation Engineer at Micron Technology, Inc. you will work in Package design and development group on thermal/mechanical simulations for advanced semiconductor packaging. In this position, you will be responsible for influencing mechanical and thermal package designs, and fostering the technology of semiconductor packaging. The scope is to address all mechanical and thermal aspects of packaging technology and associated material and process interactions. Focus will be on solutions to meet increased demands for small form factor packages with constrained physical and thermal environments. Candidate will be responsible for the modeling and characterization of mechanical and thermal response of the IC package using analysis and measurement techniques. This position will collaborate with package design, electrical and physical characterization, assembly R&D and other process module teams.Job Description
- Provide thermo-mechanical simulation reports to support pathfinding efforts, technology development, and product introduction
- Guide test vehicle development to improve simulation correlation to empirical data
- Provide recommendations to meet product requirements
Successful Candidates Must Have
- Solid knowledge through coursework, or experience required, in thermo-mechanical multi-physics modeling and measurements of IC packaging and related areas.
- A strong background in mechanical and thermal sciences with emphasis on both analytical and measurement methods.
- Detailed knowledge of material properties and material property test methods.
- Working knowledge through academic coursework or experience in numerical simulation of material and structural behavior (non-linear deformation, viscous behavior, etc.).
Working knowledge in applying Finite Element Modeling (FEM) and/or Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) in related areas; and familiarity with software tools such as ANSYS, Abaqus, FloTHERM, and IcePak.
- A good understanding of semiconductor packaging processes and materials and technology and trends such as; organic substrate properties, over molding materials and properties, wire-bonding materials and methods, C4 or Cu Pillar attachment methods, etc.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and get along with other specialists to define and implement numerical and lab experiments for feasibility and validation of concepts and solutions to support new package technology development.
- MS or PhD
- Mechanical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Physics, or related discipline.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Engineering Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) - Mechanical Engineering, Physics
Doctorate:Ph.D - Physics, Mechanical
Micron Technology Operations India LLP
Contact Company:Micron Technology Operations India LLP