- During your school and college days, you were considered a Star Programmer by your classmates and teachers.
- You enjoyed conducting or winning programming and debugging contests.
- If you're a fresher, you do a lot of programming projects on the side - above and beyond the requirements of your university syllabus.
- If you're a working software professional, you take self-initiative to learn new technologies or do a pet project in your spare time, perhaps because you find your current responsibilities too monotonous.
- You love reading about people who made legendary contributions in the software and hi-tech industry and keeping tabs on latest startups.
Valued Epistemics Private Limited, started and managed by alumni of IIT, IISc and Purdue University is the provider of GREedge.com, Online Academy for high GRE scores. More than 30000 students(and growing) have joined GREedge to successfully learn, improve and score higher and move on to pursue their higher studies and career dreams.
GREedge is powered by an advanced technology platform with several cutting edge and well-established technology driven features such as Millisecond Monitoring, Learning Tracker, WordBot, Analytics driven Progress Report etc. The first version of this platform, launched in 2006, was the one of the world's earliest mobile learning tools.
Basically, far more than the number of programming languages and alphabet soups (C, C++, C#, C%(we made that one up), ASP.NET, PHP, SOAP, SQL,...) you are fluent in, what matters is your ability to solve problems, and solve them in ways that are fast, robust, and scalable. So if you're a fresher, as long as you are good in 1 or 2 programming languages (preferably in an open source ecosystem) and you know a bit about databases, you'll be fine. Experienced developers are expected to bring in architectural thinking and project leadership skills as well.
If you're really interested in the technologies we use, our development platform is open source
Server side code (Java, J2EE, PHP, NodeJS etc). Our database is MySQL.
NOTE : As we scale, we're constantly exploring newer technologies. So if you come on board and try to convince us why we should be using a different framework, you just might get away with it.
What else can you expect in R&D @ VEPL?
There's scope to explore and use several areas of Computer Science such as Data Mining, Pattern Recognition, Knowledge Modeling, Algorithm Design, Visualization, Analytics, Data Warehousing and User Interface design. Interest in, or exposure to fields such as Cognitive Psychology, Pedagogy, Instruction Design, etc would be a great plus.
You'll have the opportunity to communicate and work closely with with members of diverse teams such as Content authors and editors, Instruction Design experts, Teachers, Product Management, Sales, etc. So it helps if you are articulate and open-minded, and have strong team building, listening, communication and collaborative skills.
You will be exposed to the complete software life cycle of product creation, from Gathering Requirements, Design, Architecture, Programming, Testing all the way to final end-user deployment. Requirements get written right in front of you and the end-users' bouquets or boos will often be delivered right to you.