The global Pharmaceutical Intelligence (PharmINT) & Forensics strategy is fully embedded in the Novartis Anti-Counterfeiting program, which is destined to combat pharmaceutical crime and create the conditions to bring counterfeiters and illegal traders to justice, recover losses through legal action, improve patient safety, preserve Novartis reputation and create a tangible return on investment for the business.
The PharmINT Senior Manager is a highly specialized and technical role, reporting to the Global Pharmaceutical Intelligence and Forensics Manager at Global Security.
The PharmINT Senior manager is a Spectroscopic Data Analyst who will advance the state of the art data sciences and digital tools including machine learning, artificial intelligence to automate the spectrometric authentication of suspicious products. He/she will be responsible for implementing innovative approaches to detect counterfeit/falsified products using vibrational spectroscopy in order to support anti-counterfeiting operations and investigations.
Under the leadership of the Global Pharmaceutical Intelligence and Forensics Manager, he/she will work closely with PharmINT & Forensics team to contribute to the authentication methods development and maintenance to empower the authentication services. He will work to timely build and maintain accurate, comprehensive cross-divisional, authentication methods to support fast spectrometric authentication related to worldwide pharmaceutical forensic investigations for the Anti-Counterfeiting Center of Excellence at Global Security. Specific duties will include development, validation, release and maintenance of spectra for counterfeit detection methods (i.e. vibrational spectroscopy such as Raman, FTIR, NIR as well as multivariate statistical analysis) using the authentication platform assets. All work must be performed in adherence to Novartis high technical, environmental, and health and safety standards.
This position will require close collaboration and substantial interaction with Global Security as-sociates as well as with various internal stakeholders (i.e. Quality, Tech Ops, and Pharmacovigi-lance).
Major Activities & Accountabilities
1. Closely partner with the Global Pharma Intelligence and Forensics Manager to align activities and ensure they are closely connected with the Anti-Counterfeiting strategy
2. Lead the global management of machine learning methods and algorithm of a wide variety of pharmaceutical products founded on their spectral libraries to support to support industry changing topics such as Predictive Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
3. Lead the delivery cost-efficient and comprehensive results for pharmaceutical intelligence collection operations: Autonomously discover, design, and develop analytical methods to sup-port novel approaches of data and information processing: work with large complex data sets to solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems applying advanced analytical methods includ-ing robust machine learning, multivariate/chemometrics statistical techniques for reliable and real time detection of counterfeit medicines; conduct end-to-end analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specifications, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables and presentations; iteratively improve algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning mod-els; maintains machine learning routines and algorithms and perform explanatory data analy-sis including historical data to identify patterns; Keep abreast of the latest scientific develop-ments;
4. Prepare detailed documentation to transfer knowledge and satisfy governance and regulatory concerns;
5. Lead the maintenance of the integrated cross-divisional, pharmaceutical forensic devices and the end-users networks;
6. Perform evidence profiling from pharmaceutical and forensic assessments to highlight crimi-nal patterns, signatures or modus operandi to leverage anti-counterfeiting investigations of linked cases through data analysis and data mining;
7. Collaborate with business partners to understand needs, recommend enhancements and de-ploy predictive analytics across multiple platforms
8. Provide expert policy advice on all matters related to machine learning development, valida-tion, release and maintenance, including Legal and Quality aspects. Use Pharmaceutical intel-ligence and operational forensics products to influence engagement with internal and external partners.
9. Maintain and further build knowledge of local and international regulatory and legislative re-quirements and trends to provide expert advice and appropriate technical support on all qual-ity and legal related matters.
10. Promote the department in line with the global security strategy by representing Global Secu-rity as a trustworthy and authentic business partner that provides essential value-added ser-vices.