The Senior Solutions Consultant (SSC) role within the sales process is to fully understand a prospect's business problem and construct a solution around that problem leveraging SAP products. The Senior Solutions Consultant exhibits a high level of sales and business maturity, operates independently in pre-sales activities and has the proven ability to quickly understand business problems and find the appropriate SAP technology offerings and differentiators.
A Presales Senior Solutions Consultant (SSC) interacts with prospective customers through executive meetings, discovery conversations, solution demonstrations, executive presentations and follow-up discussions. The Primary role of the Presales Senior Consultant during an active sales cycle is to gain acceptance from the customer that the SAP solution can solve the customer's problem and is the right choice over the other competitive offerings. During these cycles they often take on the role of a Solution Captain. In addition to deal support, a Presales Senior Consultant collaborates with sales and Industry Value Engineer teams to plan and execute business development strategies.
The Senior Solution Consultant (SSC) understands technical architecture and design expertise within the SAP Cloud based technologies, process and integration solutions space.
- Prospect Qualification: The SSC aids in qualifying prospects to assure they are well-aligned with SAP's go-to market product and solution capabilities.
- Presales Lifecycle Management: The SSC provides high quality, business-oriented and technical support to the sales and pre-sales team to assure the product-oriented aspects of the sales campaign are strongly aligned with the business objectives of the prospect throughout the sales cycle.
- Account Management: The SSC owns key accounts from a technical and solution perspective, and in some ways from a Business perspective to identify ongoing opportunities and guide business users.
Essential Job Functions
Prospect and Customer Facing
- Own and progress opportunities through the qualification, definition, proof/evaluation, proposal and closure stages of the sales cycle with attention to timelines.
- Respond to the functional and business requirements and capabilities sections of RFI/RFPs
- Engage with the sales representative and prospect to ensure a prospect's business needs can be addressed with SAP's current and roadmap product capabilities.
- Listen, understand, and analyze the prospect's business requirements and compose, validate, and present the best possible SAP solution
- Prepare and deliver value-based "fit to standard" software demonstrations/presentations in support of sales cycles. Preparation includes personalization of materials to ensure delivery of a simple, appealing and compelling customer presentation
- Lead teams of solution consultants on implementation of proof of value and customer demos. If no solutions consultants exist within the current structure, then the SSC will take care of this. Ensure the demonstration fulfills the prospect's requirements and highlight and differentiate SAP's capabilities.
- Work with other SSCs to define the prospect's target solution architecture that fulfills their business objectives. Work with the Sales team to structure the proposal that meets the prospect's target architecture.
- Prospect and Customer Technical/Solution Liaison
- Establish trust relationships with customers and prospects and understand their objectives. Solicit and provide product feedback from customers and prospects.
- Participate in meetings and conferences with customers and partners to serve as a liaison between SAP internal organizations such as Technical Support and Product Research and Development.
- Advise internal senior management on the technical and business strategy within active deals.
- Maintain alignment with Marketing and Product Management of existing and Future SAP Cloud Suite capabilities and help drive product innovation.
- Keep up to date with any new SAP Cloud Solutions across the business lines. Understand functionality and interoperability of SAP components.
- Collect and communicate competitive intelligence from the field
- Be a Go-To Person on competitive information for Products, Process, Industry and Verticals
- Exchange best practices and share knowledge within SA and Presales Community
- Guide Solution Consultants and Presales in Technical and Business situations to become more effective in handling objections and customer challenges
Required Candidate profile
- Experience engaging with senior leaders (CxO level) on various solutions and business problems. Able to listen and analyze a prospect's requirements and present to a compelling business value message of a solution
- Possess deep and expert knowledge of: finance, procurement, order to cash, manufacturing, supply chain or projects
- Demonstrated ability to present business solutions to executive levels with a focus on solutions selling
- Provide presales support to the largest, most well-qualified deals
- Ability to, review and augment Proof Of Value documents, and various project plans involving SAP technologies.
- Able to work independently and multi-task while managing multiple customer opportunities at a time
- Ability to give guidance and consult with customers on various levels of the organization.
Business and Leadership Skills
- Demonstrate a team attitude and leadership
- Ability to act as a mentor due to outstanding character, judgment and knowledge
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven ability to manage time and deliver on deadlines
- Experience developing and presenting clear and concise product briefingsProven ability to unearth business requirements & Drivers
- Proven ability to map business drivers & initiatives to technology offering & differentiators
Technology and Consultative Skills
- Strong understanding of SAP's Products including internal Architecture, with an ability to leverage these in the sales cycle.
- Strong experiences with implementation of SAP technologies in customer projects or Proof of Values.
- Expert in providing best practices to customers and helping with IT Strategy and implementation planning related to SAP Cloud solutions domain
- Have good Technical/Solution understanding and speaking knowledge about SAP's Cloud products and capabilities
Education and Experience
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering Or Similar Qualification Or Work Experience
- "Excellent" experience in Consultative and Solution Selling Presales role
- Understanding of business infrastructure technology, Experience with Internet software development concepts
- Experience with Business Infrastructure concepts (SOA, BPM, BAM, EAI,API)
- Very strong in depth knowledge of SAP core technologies or Similar ERP technologies
- Cloud Technology and Solution Experience
- SaaS Cloud Model Experience
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role:Solution Architect / Enterprise Architect
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Maths, B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
SAP India is a part of SAP Asia Pacific and is responsible for the sales of SAP solutions, implementation, post-implementation support, and training and certification of customers and partners. SAP India's mission is to enable companies to access the global market by offering them a wide rage of Web-enabled solutions.
For more than five years, SAP India has been delivering solutions to hundreds of successful companies. Today, SAP India is one of the fastest growing SAP subsidiaries with more than 200 customers using mySAP.com solutions. Headquartered in Bangalore, SAP India has offices in Mumbai and Delhi.
Contact Company:SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.