Arm architects the pervasive intelligence that is transforming our daily experience. Arm-based chips and device architectures orchestrate the performance of the technology that makes modern life possible.
Arm designs the technology that is at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm improves people's lives by enabling the intelligence in affordable, easy-to-use electronic products that transform the way we live and work. We work in partnership with a global network of leading technology companies which are using our smart low-power technology. Together we are shaping the future of a better world.
Today, Arm is well recognized as the market leader in the CPU and System IP industry and this has been achieved by consistently delivering reliable and high-quality IP products. The cost of design and manufacturing and that warrants "right first time" approach for all IP and System products by our partners. Time-to-market is critical for our partners to deal with fierce competition in the marketplace, being first would enable them to get premium value from the end products. In this context, Design Verification of CPU IP's is a big challenge requiring an engineering skill set that is both broad and deep.
- Technical Contribution as part of Project teams to deliver effective Verification of Arm CPU Ip's
- Design and development of test cases, test bench and components needed for effective verification
- Execution of CPU DV with focus on improvement of IP quality; stress testing and bug hunting
- Effective communication skills, as most of the stakeholders are cross site, in terms of planning, reviews, status updates and meetings, as well as delivery against expectation
- Able to provide appropriate timescales for work assigned and assist in project planning by providing appropriate inputs to the specifications.
- Maintain a competent knowledge of company processes in order to work constructively within given standards and methodologies
- Good university Degree in Microelectronics, Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. Other Science graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience
- 12-15 years of experience in an IP/SOC product development environment
- Experience with Design Verification/validation best practices such as Test Plan development, Test Bench development, Test case development and measurable execution thereof
- Familiar with instruction driven verification of processors based on CPU Assembly or C/C++
- Familiar with Microprocessor and/or SoC Architecture and micro Architecture, preferably Arm processors and Arm processor-based systems
- Familiar with Embedded Software Development flows and best practices
- Familiar with SoC/ASIC integration flow and architectures
- Languages: Verilog, C/C++, CPU Assembly, Perl, Ruby, Python
- Verification Languages such as System Verilog, Specman 'e' or Vera
- Experience with RTL front end simulation.
- Experience of Arm based System Designs, Knowledge of CPU and hierarchical memory system
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate - and that everyone misses out when we don't
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can't stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying 'I don't know'
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class