Responsibilities include strategizing to find cost-effective deals and suppliers. Responsible for and plans, organizes and manages the procurement process for all bulk raw materials. Ensure that the procurement process is in adherence to the company requirements/company/policies & procedures.
Role expectations :
- Devise and use sourcing strategies for procurement of all Bulk Materials, importing of iron ore, Coal coke, limestone, dolomite from reputed suppliers.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms To develop and implement cost efficient policies and procedures. Develop strategic Procurement and logistics activities and review cost at regular intervals
- Collaborate with key persons to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company . Having strategic ability in coordinating with all stakeholders within the organization including planning, logistics, materials and procurement.
- Develop efficient Material Procurement planning system. Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve effectiveness
- Material procurement as per the agreed timelines, budget and quality. Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Stacking of all materials in the raw material yard and its quality management and tracebality.
- Negotiate and finalize logistics contracts from open market, & Handling logistics operation with a view to fix landed cost of coal.
- Liasioning with SECL, Railways and their external & internal vendors.
- Coordinating & supervising the entire logistic operations ( rail & road)
- Handling imports/export shipments through Letter of Credit.
- Knowledge of vessel, Ship chartering, post fixtures under senior guidance & Port Operations.
- Proficient in corresponding with buyers and apprising them about the progress and status of running orders of coal & steel.
- Expertise in following-up with the supplier for speedy shipments and shipping documents
Desired Candidate Profile
- Proven working experience as a procurement manager, procurement officer or head of procurement
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as a dexterity in reading the market
-Exposure of procurement of bulk imports
- negotiations with Transporters and logistics contractors.
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization, Other Management, M.Tech - Any Specialization, MCA - Computers, MS/M.Sc(Science) - Any Specialization, Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization, PG Diploma - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
HR Innovatia Consultants Pvt Ltd
HR Innovatia - One stop solution for
HR Resourcing, Consulting & Outsourcing jobs. We wish to create and manage
People resource of your organization with Innovativeness and state of the art
interventions to improve the processes, enhance performance levels and
unleash the potential to be competitive.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.