Altair Engineering has an opening in Bangalore, India for an experienced and motivated software engineer who will join our dynamic High Performance Computing Quality Assurance (QA) team. Altair Engineering is a leading, world-wide software, global product design consulting and technology company. It was founded in 1985 in Troy, Michigan and is privately held.
Altair's NetworkComputer and WorkloadXelerator workload management solutions are in use in the world's top tier technology companies. Supported operating systems include Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Microsoft Windows. In addition, Altair's LicenseMonitor, LicenseAllocator and FlowTracer products are widely used in the high technology industry.
The successful applicant for this position will play a leading role in reviewing and testing the above Altair products in a multiplatform environment.
As a member of the Software Quality Assurance team, you will work closely with the product management, software development and applications engineering teams. You must be driven by a desire to be efficient, collaborative, thoughtful and productive in a fast-paced environment of prolific engineers.
- Contributing to the complete software life cycle, including:
- Working in product and delivery Agile scrum teams.
- Contributing to and reviewing user stories, requirements, and design documents for new features
- Writing test scenarios and automated tests based on the use case and requirements.
- Writing thorough, robust functional, stress, and performance test cases.
- Executing pre-existing manual and automated tests
- Automating test cases using scripting and porting existing automated tests to high performance systems.
- Serving as an advocate for software quality in both product and test development.
- Work with product management product requirements and feature design
- Work with R&D to review solutions and understand how they address requirements
- Implement the right metrics, robust tests across a variety of products and platforms
- Understand software scalability and build tests to validate scalability limits
- Have detailed knowledge of cross-platform software testing tools and environments
- Be passionate about ensuring software quality
- Bachelors degree in Software Engineering or similar technical field or equivalent experience
- Experience in preparing QA test plans and test cases for systems software products.
- Extensive experience testing C++-based client/server products on Linux and Windows
- Experience in reviewing requirements specifications, design documents, and tracing requirements to designs and test cases.
- Excellent debugging skills & persistence at debugging
- Insight into how customers use software and the ability to translate that into product engineering work.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to work effectively in a distributed team.
- Experience with QA Test Management Systems and regression test design
- Experience with testing REST APIs and web-based GUIs
- Experience with scripting languages: Tcl, csh, bash, Perl, Python
- System-level knowledge of Linux or Unix.
- Understanding of high performance computing solutions is strongly preferred
- Knowledge of workflow systems
- Understanding of software license management systems (e.g., FLEXlm, RLM)
- Understanding of software defect analysis systems such as Purify, AddressSanitizer, Coverity, valgrind
- Understanding of software test tools (e.g., Iometer, FIO, Vdbench, Medusa, sg_utils)
- Understanding of software performance tools (callgrind, Quantify)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Software Developer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time