Essential Responsibilities :
- Implement GE EHS Radiation Safety Program & ensure compliance with AERB Act 1962 / Rules.
- Responsible for investigating incidents; monitoring and implementing established policies and radiation safety program and is the Radiation Safety Committees
authorized representative regarding radiation protection within the site for Medical Diagnostics, Nuclear Medicine and Industrial Radiography.
- Establish and oversee operating safety, emergency, and ALARA procedures, and to review them at least annually to ensure that the procedures are current and
conform with regulatory & compliance requirements.
- To ensure that required radiation surveys and leak tests are performed and documented in accordance with AERB rules, including corrective measures when
levels of radiation exceed established limits.
- To ensure that personnel monitoring is used properly by occupationally exposed personnel, that records are kept of the monitoring results, and that timely
notifications are made as required by regulatory entities.
- To investigate the cause of radiation exposure and corrective actions taken, a report to be submitted to AERB for each known or suspected case of radiation
exposure to an individual or radiation level detected more than limits established by the AERB rules.
- Any theft or loss of sources of radiation, to determine the causes by investigating, and to take steps to minimize a recurrence.
- To investigate and report to the Competent Authority for each known or suspected case of release of radioactive materials to the environment in excess of
limits established by the rules.
- Ensure safe storage and movement of radioactive material within the radiation installation with proper labeling.
- Ensure that quality assurance tests of structures, systems, components and sources, as applicable are conducted and monitoring instruments are calibrated
- Ensure that records are maintained as required by regulations and GE EHS expectations defined in TS 2006 manual.
- To ensure that personnel are complying with these rules, the conditions of the license, and the operating, safety, and emergency procedures of the license.
- To provide oversight or assistance for safe disposal of radioactive wastes to the Hazardous waste disposal program.
- Furnish to competent authority (AERB), on the periodic reports on safety status of the radiation installation.
- Ensure to manage the eLora systems and Inform the competent authority when he leaves the employment.
- Collaborate with all stakeholders and drive Environmental Health and Safety program & requirements for the business
- Drive EHS requirements and compliance for Employee and lab workspaces
i) Bachelor Degree in engineering or in an associated discipline form a recognized University/Institution
(ii) Basic degree in Science with physics as one of the subject from a recognized University/Institution;
It is preferred if the candidate has already completed either Level 1 or Level 2 RSO training provided by AERB on Medical Diagnostics / Nuclear Medicine or Industrial Radiography.
Desired Characteristics :
Strong oral and written communication skills
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Ability to influence others and lead small teams
Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
Effective problem identification and solution skills
Proven analytical and organizational ability
View Contact Details
GE India Industrial Private Limited
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.