About the role
FourKites is in search of a self-directed and experienced India Regional Controller to oversee all financial and accounting activities associated with our India operations. This is a fantastic opportunity for a professional who thrives in a busy workplace and is well-versed in working closely with international colleagues. The India Regional Controller will have complete ownership over all financial and accounting responsibilities in India, including month-end close, internal controls, reporting, development of efficient processes, and regulatory compliance. The position reports to the FourKites USA Vice President of Finance and will play a key role in the success of the Finance organisation as FourKites continues to expand at a rapid pace. Key Responsibilities:
- Manage FourKites India general ledger and month-end close in accordance with Indian GAAP
- Maintain clear, direct, and regular communication with VP Finance
- Ensure robust ICFR controls for transaction processing, accounting process and close activities
- Maintain transparent accounting practices and ensure excellent relationships are maintained with India and US stakeholders
- Ensure all proper controls are identified, communicated, and documented
- Ensure compliance with GAAP
- Manage daily operational activities including payroll, capital expenditures, contract review, and vendor billing
- Ensure a regular connect with key stakeholders in finance and operations to deliver financial budget review
- Guide financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies & procedures
- Identify & propose accounting policy or process efficiency opportunities
- Enhance India Finance team by coaching, counseling, and training employees
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent degree
- Chartered Accountant 10+ years of work experience in public accounting or accounting/finance teams
- Strong knowledge of both US & Indian GAAP and experience working with external auditors
- Experience in start-up environment or technology company preferred
- Proven success in international communication and cross-country collaboration
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to run a team delivering quality work on tight deadlines, with strong organization and priority setting skills
- Proven ability to multi-task and work well under pressure in a fast-paced team environment
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with an attention to detail
- Detailed understanding of applicable Indian regulatory laws, regulations, and tax compliance reporting
- Proficiency with Intacct or similar accounting ERP software
- Advanced MS Office skills particularly Excel and PowerPoint
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Com - Commerce
PG:CA, CS, ICWA (CMA), M.Com - Commerce
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
FourKites India Pvt Ltd
FourKites is re-shaping the logistics industry for real-time transparency and efficiency. FourKites provides comprehensive real-time tracking and supply chain visibility solutions across transportation modes and digital platforms.
We have Fortune 100 shippers and Transporters, Top 25 Freight Brokers as our customers.
We love what we do, and we love the impact we have already driven for the clients we work with. We believe in empowering our employees to be the absolute best they can be, and we aren't afraid to have a little fun in the process.
FourKites India Private Limited based in Chennai is a wholly owned subsidiary of FourKites, Inc. and is responsible for engineering the technology that powers FourKites logistics platform. We offer great benefits and a world of opportunity for those who excel.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.