Roles and Responsibilities:
- Handle production data systems support - critical applications, day to day tasks/incidents, troubleshooting sensitive data issues, data deployment, change request, monitoring production jobs & data processes, etc.
- Assist with managing and monitoring multiple mission critical SQL Server environments, mostly running with SQL Server 2016.
- Troubleshoot and resolve any database related issues (performance/ waits/ bottlenecks/ deadlocks, connectivity, backups, security, AAG, and environment).
- Research & Develop new and improved strategies and processes to help enhance the data environment.
- Perform new installations and upgrades to existing SQL Server instances.
- Handle tracing the application slowness, identifying root cause and resolving the problem in live system
- Handle data-centric project life cycle development and methodology to plan, design, build, transform, test, store & maintain data on data platform, optimize data-centric projects, increasing awareness of data definitions, maintain consistent data standard across different database systems.
- Hands on and excellence in writing T-SQL complex scripts, stored procedures, database functions, CLR integration, report writing, best practices (optimization, use of joins and sub-queries), design and develop ETL processes utilizing SSIS, complex ETL mappings and other database activities (archive, backups, recovery etc.).
- Understand schemas, table indexing and statistics, partitioning, query strategies, and database objects maintenance and performance issues.
- Maintains database performance by identifying and resolving production and application development problems; evaluating, integrating, and installing new releases; completing maintenance; answering user questions.
- Analyze and monitor existing systems capabilities, automate data solutions, implement best practices for data movement across ETL, database/ data warehouse and ensure that the data is adherence to Health care standards, policies, compliance and any external regulations. Working with external data auditors (SOX, Risk Mgt, IT InfoSec) to ensure compliance is met.
- Ability to manage individual priorities, coordinate with team members / other departments to address their data/database issues, requirement gathering, drafting technical documents, develop & deploy new data solutions by performing unit, integration, acceptance testing and bug fixing etc.
- Monitoring Database and Reporting Server using tools such as AppDynamics, SolarWinds, RedGate or some custom scripts to collect database metrics and come up with a solution to address the problems proactively.
- Performance tuning in mission critical environments. Perform analysis using Extended Events/Profiler, execution plans, DMVs, system tables, error logs, data/plan caches, etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work and collaborate with business and other departments to collect new requirements and design the system with Database administrators, Data Architects and DB Systems managers within the organization.
- Any other relevant tasks necessary by company.
Skills required :
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering, mathematics, information technology, Business Administration required Or Master Degree in computer science, computer application or Business Administration required.
- Minimum 5+ years of extensive experience in, Data & Database Management, High availability strategies - Server Always On Availability Groups, data replication and failover, Security and Permissions, Indexing/Statistics maintenance and strategies, Setup and Configuration of SQL Servers, Encryption and Data Masking, Strong technical problem solver in high pressure situations.
- Experience with relational database systems in an operational environment and particularly with Microsoft SQL Server 2012 or later.
- Experience in multi-server data management and database administration functions, Performance tuning in mission critical environments. Perform analysis using execution plans, DMVs, system tables, error logs, etc.
- Experience in data-centric project life cycle development and methodology to plan, design, build, transform, test, store & maintain data on data platform, optimize data-centric projects, increasing awareness of data definitions, maintain consistent data standard across different database systems.
- Table Partitioning. Source code versioning, SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) and other equivalent ETL tools and ETL design and development & T-SQL programming using SQL Server 2017/2016/2014/2012.
- Excellent work ethic, organizational, analytical, planning, problem solving, and communication skills are must
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA/MCSE) is a plus.
Salary: INR 9,00,000 - 11,00,000 PA.
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Software Developer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
WNS GLOBAL SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED
WNS (Holdings) Limited (NYSE: WNS) is a leading global Business Process Management (BPM) company. WNS offers business value to 200+ global clients by combining operational excellence with deep domain expertise in key industry verticals, including Banking and Financial Services, Healthcare, Insurance, Manufacturing, Media and Entertainment, Professional Services, Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods, Telecom and Diversified Businesses, Shipping and Logistics, Travel and Leisure and Utilities. WNS delivers an entire spectrum of business process management services such as customer care, finance and accounting, human resource solutions, research and analytics, technology solutions, and industry-specific back-office and front-office processes.
We enable our clients to OUTPERFORM by transforming their business processes with domain expertise, partnership approach and global delivery capability. For further information, please visit www.wns.com