PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES
We are looking for an experienced Senior Application Automation engineer to provide full application lifecycle & deployment support. We need someone who can be the glue between operations, development, and quality engineering by facilitating the flow of application development, and ultimately automating the process while collaborating with the teams to ensure smooth delivery of software from concept to production.
As our Application Automation Engineer...
You will be working on projects that will involve in public and private clouds where our SuccessFactors applications run. You will be collaborating with different development and release engineering teams to support multi cloud initiatives across the globe. The work will involve many states of the art automation projects.
EXPECTATIONS AND TASKS
- Work with both developers and system administrators with a focus on automating build and deployment automation.
- Build and manage development and testing environments, assist automation engineers in debugging application issues using tools
- Take lead role in development of tools and processes to support the infrastructure and application buildouts
- Build and support automation utilities using Chef, Ruby, Java script, InSpec, Bash and Powershell.
- Design and develop a continuous deployment pipeline, integrating Chef, Test-Kitchen, GitHub, Jenkins, VMware workstation, and Docker for a wide range of server types across geographically separated zones hosted in Azure and SAP data centers.
- Perform in-depth technical root cause analysis for high priority issues spanning all technology layers/stacks and provide corrective actions
- Identify and correct issues that have resulted from integrations, customizations, and migrations.
- Develop scripts to streamline the manual tasks and manage them from central location for all data centers.
- Work with Ops/App Dev teams in resolving Production Performance Issues.
- Learn new test automation technologies and apply existing ones to eliminate or streamline the manual processes that are carried out daily.
- Hands on experience in architecting highly available and scalable services leveraging open source technologies.
- Individual should have an expert Linux and Network administration skills to troubleshoot and trace symptoms back to the root cause.
- Strong understanding and experienced operating hybrid environments
- Document and present methodologies to operations, engineering, and executive teams
Required Candidate profile
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related field required
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES / WORK EXPERIENCE
- 4 - 9 years' experience in hands on DevOps engineering and on cloud tecnologies (Azure, AWS, GCP)
- 3+ years of professional experience in Java/J2EE or Python programming in automation tasks or application development along with proficiency in concepts of computing performance
- 2+ years hands-on experience with Kubernetes and Docker in large scale public cloud environment using AKS or EKS
- Experience implementing CI/CD strategies and using version control tools like Git
- Experience with time series databases (InfluxDB, Timescale DB, OpenTSDB, etc.)
- Knowledge in Java environments, Java Application Server administration and JVM tuning
- Knowledge of MSSQL, MySQL, and NoSQL (Hadoop) technologies
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Advanced Knowledge of Linux and Windows Operating Systems and administration
- Advanced knowledge of application clustering / load balancing concepts and technologies
- Advanced knowledge of code and script (Ex: Java script, Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.)
- Experience with AWS/Azure/GCE
- Experience with Spinnaker, Titus
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation solutions (Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt, etc.)
- Develop automation to quickly and rapidly deploy instances from hardened images. Using Terraform or ARM template experience for Azure is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, lucidly communicate complex situations, develop solution strategies, mobilize resources, and deliver results
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role:Technical Support Engineer
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.
SAP India is a part of SAP Asia Pacific and is responsible for the sales of SAP solutions, implementation, post-implementation support, and training and certification of customers and partners. SAP India's mission is to enable companies to access the global market by offering them a wide rage of Web-enabled solutions.
For more than five years, SAP India has been delivering solutions to hundreds of successful companies. Today, SAP India is one of the fastest growing SAP subsidiaries with more than 200 customers using mySAP.com solutions. Headquartered in Bangalore, SAP India has offices in Mumbai and Delhi.
Contact Company:SAP Labs India Pvt. Ltd.