Design Sr. Engineer plays a key role in executing the targets given/set by design manager.
Required Exposure in : Minimum 06-09 years of designing experience with at least 02 years in supervisory capacity.
Qualifications : Education : BE/B.Tech in Mechanical stream
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities :
- Should possess good skills in Auto CAD/Inventory/Solid Works/PSPICE
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels and across disciplines
- Proven experience as Design Leader
- Support design team in component level design and development
- Proven experience in developing 3D models.
- Strong in Engineering fundamentals
- Have basic idea on engineering tools including FMEA, Root Cause Analysis, GD&T, and Tolerance Stack Analysis & DFM/DFA.
- Must have the ability to work independently or in teams, monitor team activities and update to Design manager.
Roles of a Design Sr. Engineer :
- Implement the design strategies developed by design manger
- Monitor design activities and update to design manager
- To guide in-house fabrication, assembly teams as on when needed.
- To respond and resolve the queries of Vendor development, QA/QC wrt the tolerances, deviations at Vendor end
- Project dead line coordination with internal team
Detailed responsibilities of Design Sr. Engineer:
- Attend Project Kick-off meetings, understand the detailed scope of design, deliverables, prepare checklist and update design manager.
- Post kick-off meeting, make the preliminary DAP by coordinating with controls and submit the DAP to Projects for customer approval.
- Coordinate with CED for cross transfer the information and incorporate the same in modelling
- Wrt the mounting details received from CED, ensure the same are incorporated in Design and BOM.
- Release the BOM and drawings to Projects as per timelines.
- Monitor the outcomes of design release meetings, validate and ensure the drawings are updated as per the suggestions of Vendor development, QAQC and give feedback to design manager.
- Monitor the activities of designer and support them wrt their queries during modelling, detailing.
Usually works on regular business hours. It can be a stressful position because some of the work is done on deadline and they are constantly challenged to come up with creative and unique ways to produce information, as well as manage a number of subordinates.
Reporting Structure : Design Manager
Interacts with : HODs (internal)
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Mechanical
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Hunter-Z Research Private Limited
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.