Are you a senior pipeline engineer who has experience from offshore industry? Are you open for challenges and willing to learn and grow? Are you interested in working on world class pipeline projects? Then this is the right job for you.
Inviting bright minds
Do you want to push the boundaries of your profession and develop your excellence in an open, collaborative and empowering culture? We work to create a sustainable future and our inspiring projects and innovative solutions aim to set the standard among our peers. You will join a global company that has been growing successfully since its founding in 1945. Together, we lead and leave a positive impact on societies, companies and people around the world.
You will join our Structures department
As our new Senior Engineer - Subsea Pipeline in the Global Service Area, you will be reporting to HOD (Structure) of the Chennai office as well as the Head of Department for Offshore Pipelines.
As Senior Engineer - Your primary role will be to perform the offshore pipeline engineering/design activities. The team will function as a Global Engineering Centre (GEC) that will provide services to DK, NO and ME. You will perform all technical design activities and be responsible for the execution of projects. Another part of the job will be to contribute to tendering activities.
Your other tasks will be distributed in to 3 key areas to:
Profitable performance .
Take actively part in pipeline design competence group and participate in the development of tools and procedures across projects/disciplines. Share knowledge across pipeline engineering teams (In Global Service Area). Familiar with International standards i.e: API, ASME, DNV, ISO etc. Support in tender activities and Bidding.
- Ensure that the team reaches its goals in time.
- Ensure a consistent and client focused service offering
- Support the Liaise between Chennai office and other Ramboll offices (Copenhagen, Abu Dhabi, Oslo)
- Capable to perform pipeline design individually. As a minimum Wall Thickness calculations
- On Bottom Stability
- Pipeline Routing Study
- In-place analysis
- Free Span and Fatigue analysis (ViV, Low cycle, ECA etc.)
- Protection design
- FE analysis (Rigid riser, spool, 3D modelling,)
- Cathodic Protection Design
- Landfall design
- Understanding of Geotechnical design
- Understanding of Subsea structures design
- Understanding of Integrity and corrosion management
- Pipeline Installation Analysis
- Preparation of Specifications, MTO and Data Sheet.
- Procurement specifications and ITT support
Partnering and relations
- Ensure close relations between own team and related teams/departments in DK and ME
- Supervise Designers.
- Ensure that Ramboll Code of Conduct as well as quality assurance system is followed in all situations.
- Plan own engineering and quality assurance activities.
Required Candidate profile
Your starting point for constant growth
From the moment you join Ramboll, we will support your personal and professional development so that you grow with the company. For this role, we believe your starting point is:
A Good team player who communicates well, transparent and proactive.
You possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and you are person who takes ownership and responsibility for his her deliverables. You technically strong and take technical challenges interests you.
Apart from the above qualities, to succeed in this position, you need the following competences:
Knowledge of pipeline engineering disciplines.Experience from working in an international environment.The right candidate comes from Internationale" consult companies"Good English skills. Should be able to understand, talk and write English at a high-level Personal qualities that will help you succeed in this role include:
- B.E. M.E. B. Tech. M. Tech in civil or mechanical engineering (from reputable university)
- Minimum 8-10 years working experience:6 years of hands on experience from offshore pipeline engineering
- 2 years Conceptual/FEED/Detailed Design experience
- 1-2 years of experience with pipeline integrity engineering - Added value but not a requirement
- Software experience (ANSYS, DNV Pipeline tools, OrcaFlex, MathCad, Ceasar, Autopipe, offpipe, Sage-Profile)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: Site Engineering
, Project Management
Role Category: Site Engineering
Role: Mechanical Engineer-Plumbing/Fire Protection
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent