ClearOne is a global communications solutions company that develops and sells audio conferencing, collaboration, streaming media, and other related products for audio, video and web applications. The reliability, flexibility, and performance of ClearOnes comprehensive solutions create a natural communications environment, which saves organizations time and money by enabling more effective and efficient communication. For more information, visit ClearOnes website at http://www.clearone.com. We currently have an opening for a Senior Firmware Engineer in our Chennai office.
The candidate will be responsible for design and development of firmware components for conferencing products. The firmware will consist of a mixture of embedded software applications and low-level board support package components. The embedded software applications may include, for example, state machines, interrupt service routines, and inter-process communication protocols. The low level board support components may include components such as boot loaders, Inter-IC communication (I2C) drivers, and UART drivers. This work will be done on proprietary hardware platforms and requires knowledge of real time deterministic firmware development methodologies and tools. The run-time environment will be an embedded Linux real time operating system. The firmware developed by the selected candidate must interface to new and existing hardware, firmware, and software. The selected candidate must be able to work effectively in a multidisciplinary engineering team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years of design and development experience with embedded Linux.
- 5 years of experience writing firmware in C/C++ in a product development environment.
- Experience with multitasking, deterministic, real-time firmware architecture development.
- Strong communication, documentation, organizational and teamwork skills.
- Experience using source control tools such as GIT, Microsoft Visual Source Safe, Clear Case, CVS, or Subversion.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a high pressure, small, fast paced team to meet challenging project deadlines.
- Experience using tools like emulators, debuggers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and protocol analyzers to locate and resolve firmware-hardware interaction issues. Must be able to read and understand schematics and Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout artwork.
- Hands on experience with PCB-level fault analysis, and minor board repair/modifications. Experience making small PCB level modifications and repairs, such as: the reflow of cold solder joints; replacement of small surface mount passive components and ICs; experience implementing reliable PCB cut and jumper modifications.
- Knowledge of SIP, VoIP, or RTP protocols not necessary, but highly desirable.
- Experience with scripting languages in a Linux OS based development environment.
- Experience modifying Linux board support packages.
- Experience using, developing and modifying build scripts.
- Experience writing embedded Linux kernel level device drivers for any of the following: I2C, SPI, RS232, and USB.
- Experience using Linux BusyBox utilities.
- Experience with embedded Linux inter process communication and synchronization using: message queues, pipes, semaphores, mutexes, etc.
- General knowledge of network communications protocols like TCP/IP, UDP.
- State machine design experience.
- Board level design and diagnostic experience.
- Experience with static and dynamic code analysis tools.
- Experience with fault tracking analysis.
- Web Server deployment and interfacing to Web Servers.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:IT Software - System Programming
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
PG:Post Graduation Not Required
Visit ClearOne at www.clearone.com
Recruiter Name:Theja K