About Business Unit:
Oracle is focused on helping the world's premier brands maximize the success of their online businesses. The Value Chain Planning development team is primarily responsible for developing supply chain planning applications for Oracle's Cloud product suite . The teams are responsible for new development as well as sustaining of the Value Chain Planning product suite.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As a Senior Applications Engineer, you will help us deliver our market leading Value Chain Planning product suite that powers many of the world's largest customers. Ideal candidate will demonstrate an ability to apply technology to solve real business problems. They will be able to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical constituencies. Above all, they will demonstrate a clear ability to create robust, easily extensible solutions for our customers.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will perform high-level design based on provided external specifications. Specify, design and implement minor changes to existing software architecture. Build highly complex enhancements and resolve complex bugs. Build and execute unit tests and unit plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering as necessary to discuss minor changes to product functionality and to ensure quality and consistency across specific products.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
1. Designing, developing, testing/QA and implementing software applications utilizing Java, with back-end development experience.
2. Algorithms, data structures and Object Oriented design;
3. Optimization techniques (e.g. linear/integer/dynamic programming, heuristic algorithms, stochastic modeling, data mining techniques);
4. Unix, Linux, Windows and Manufacturing domain;
5. Debugging applications, building and executing unit tests and unit plans;
6. Statistical techniques and the principles of probability theory, and application. Experience may be gained concurrently.
Salary: INR 10,00,000 - 18,00,000 PA.
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Software Developer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent