Data Warehousing role is to manage the daily activities of the team responsible for the design, implementation, maintenance, and support of data warehouse systems and related data marts. Oversees data design and the creation of database architecture and data repositories. Being a Data Warehousing Manager ensures proper balance between front-end systems and back-end processing capabilities. Installs processes for auditing data warehouses and ensuring data quality. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Extensive knowledge of department processes. The role requires 12-15 years' experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 4 to 5 years supervisory experience may be required.
What are we looking for in you?
- Design and develop ETL solutions for bulk data movement between data sources (example AS400, RDBMS, Excel etc.) and targets using Talend as the platform
- Understand the data composition in existing data sources and define appropriate transformation and mapping logic for target system
- Big-Data eco-system experience.
- Design the Landing and Staging database tables as needed for data migration
- Design and develop data source and target mappings, sessions, workflows, and ETL scripts
- Design and develop ETL framework around the solutions, which would include defining and base lining Talend standards, checklists, and processes, and also building of the peripheral services around Talend e.g. FTP, Archival, Purging etc.
- Develops and designs the code modules incorporating best practices of database design principals
- Prepares unit test for all code written and reviewing for others
- Has exposure to release and build process and providing production support
Do you have the following?
- Experience of development using ETL tools such as Talend/Informatica.
- The individual should be capable of working independently as well as part of a team. The candidate should ideally have 8-12 years of IT experience strong on ETL with basic data modeling background. Experience on Informatica.
- Database development experience with a solid understanding of core database concepts and relational database design
- SQL performance tuning and experience with PostgreSQL/SQL Server or any other database
- 6-9 years of IT development experience.
- Understanding of version control, build management, and deployment practices.
- Experience of analysis and verification of User Requirement Documentation, Functional Specification and Technical Design Specification.
Required Candidate profile
Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - DBA
Role Category: Admin/Maintenance/Security/Datawarehousing
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent