Calypso Technology is seeking for a SeniorCalypso Cloud DBA. This will be an exciting, challenging job with real responsibility and the possibility to work with some of the best technologists and financial minds in the industry in a startup entity within a thriving mature company.
The Calypso Cloud DBA will work in collaboration with Calypso cloud service team and Calypso Cloud customer to manage, monitor and tune data base server and to recommend usage of new technology available on the cloud related to Database management
The Senior DBA will improve existing calypso cloud Infrastructure reliability, availability, He will optimize also by automation Database management and global Database server infrastructure monitoring. Learning about and gathering new technologies and related tools to introduce to the company in order to deliver a calypso cloud Service reliable and secured.
The ideal candidate will need at least 5 years technical experience gained hosted public or private cloud solution. Candidates will need to have strong technology and development skills with experience in managing, supporting enterprise application.
The candidates will have an expertise in the architecture, maintenance, performance tuning and monitoring of financial enterprise application within cloud environment.
- standard DBA tasks : like DB or PDB Create, Restore and delete Schemas and/or Databases which include design and/or creation scripts, Monitor daily Resources availability(disk, db, memory, cpu) , Applying Oracle PSU and Patches, Review DB Server alert logs, Run Database consistency checks, Run table and index stats gathering, , Deploy Database scripts/deploy DDL and DML Processes.
- Perform Troubleshooting, Incident Diagnosis and root cause performance analysis
- Supporting periodic DR tests, preparation and real execution (3 DR tests per year)
- Further develop the monitoring for all our services and ensure DB servers and database are appropriately monitored
- Scale our infrastructure with high availability in mind
- Maintain and improve our AWS (RDS/Aurora) / Oracle OCI infrastructure (Exadata)
- Proactively maintain the overall health of all client databases
- Respond to system outages according to standard operating procedures
- Increase Security and enhance Compliance by automation
- Be an escalation point for all production issues during shift or as required
- Guide and promote timely team responses to all incidents
- Troubleshoot performance and stability issues using a wide variety of tools
- Train team members and Cross-train with other global team members
- R&D on new possible services that calypso cloud service could release by leverage existing public Cloud SaaS offering(Data base masking, OCI Autonomous DB, AWS Aurora)
- R&D: Investigate/ Analysis/ validate existing/new Cloud technology available on different Cloud providers (AWS, OCI to improve calypso cloud service : SLA, Availability, recovery, monitoring) .
Desired Candidate Profile
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with private or public cloud provider (AWS, AZURE, ORACLE CLOUD, IBM others) with good knowledge of new technology offered on this type of platform (like AWS RDS, AWS Aurora, Exadata, PostgresSQL, MongoDB, NoSQL, Hadoop, Kafka, Jetty, Pulsar, Spark and Docker and HyperV)
- Experience in handling mission critical Databases in a 24x7 operational mode on various Operating Systems.
- Database Vault Implementation on standalone, RAC and Multitenant Environments.
- Good Experience on DB Vault Installation on Oracle 11g, 12c Standalone/RAC and 12c RAC Multitenant.
- Logical Backups using Traditional Oracle Data Pump (expdp, impdp) utilities.
- Backup and Recovery using RMAN.
- Good Experience on ASM 12c, 10g/11g r2.
- Good Experience on RAC 12c/11g r2 Administration.
- Working on Oracle 12c R2 with DataGuard and Oracle RAC.
- Installations, Patching & Up gradation both on Standalone & RAC Databases.
- Configuring & Troubleshooting Physical Standby Databases.
- Performing Failover/ Switchover using DG Broker.
- Experience RHEL 5/6 & OEL 5/6/7.
- Monitoring Oracle environment using Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c/13c.
- Basic Performance Tuning skills.
- Good Knowledge on Change/Incident/ Problem Management.
- Vendor managing skills (Verbal & Written).
- Good knowledge of Unix Scripting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- The person in this role will spend significant amounts of time working hands-on optimizing current Database architecture and recommending smooth transformation by using new configuration and/or new technology provided by the Cloud.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently as required.
Your Calypso Career
We are growing our team by recruiting and hiring the best talent in the market - those who desire to take the initiative, are self-directed learners and have the desire solve our customers problems to drive our growth. Also, we identify, train and develop future leaders to ensure we have the capabilities to scale the business and to provide career development to our team members.
At Calypso, you will have an active role in a business that makes a difference in the capital markets every day. Regardless of your role, your work will be closely tied to our customers success and will have an impact on their mission critical systems.
If you have the drive, a winning attitude and a desire to make a difference then we invite you to apply today.
Calypso Technology is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) and strongly supports diversity in the workforce.
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Calypso Technology India Private Limited
Calypso Technology India Private Limited
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.