- The Sr Finance Business Partner is expected to establish him/herself as a co-pilot, along with the Project Leader (PL), in steering a set of projects to their targeted financial goals (e.g. revenue, profitability, cash flow, etc.). The Sr FBP does this by applying a deep understanding of the project economics and profitability drivers, translating them into operational actions, and proactively advising the PL on how to influence critical operational levers in order to positively impact project financials. The Finance Business Partner II in the Client Finance organization influences PAREXEL business growth and profitability through financial leadership of defined projects, becomes known as the "go-to" person for broader Finance understanding or insight into defined projects and relevant project portfolios. He/she interacts directly with project and portfolio leaders, assist with project and client strategy, supports project decision making. The main success factors of this role include strong business acumen, understanding project operations and their implications for financial performance, and strong analytical and consulting skills. Finance Business Partners II are expected to build strong business relationships across all levels of the organization, drive tactical and support strategic decisions, and become a trusted advisor to a set of diverse and demanding business counterparts (Project Leaders, and Portfolio Directors). The Sr Finance Business Partner demonstrate competency in the overall financial management of complex projects and contract types. Demonstrate strong understanding of business and/or service lines across PAREXEL including services or products being provided within assigned projects and portfolio(s). Working independently, Sr FBP also evaluate and support larger portfolio performance.
- Relationships Reports To Manager or Sr Manager, PFE. Or Director
- Directly Supervises Could supervise PFA or FBP
- Provides Work Direction to PFA, FBP, GFC
- Works Closely with GFC, PLs, FLs, PFDs, Commercial Finance
- Provide accurate, transparent, and timely financial analysis to support project leadership in project decision making process; clearly articulate financial implications of business decisions / choices, and provide retrospective analysis as well as drive forward looking actions on simple to complex project / contract types
- For simple and complex projects and/or contract types facilitate the monthly revenue cycle and drive the project analysis requirements, including a review of units, forecast, unit prices, and revenue recognition. Ensure appropriate supporting documentation is available and that the forecast is aligned with operational plans. Complete all required variance analyses for the set of projects, with insight. Proactively identify risks in the project forecast and opportunities to improve revenue outlook. Communicate, document and manage these on an ongoing message. Identify alternative finance scenarios at project level with a high degree of technical knowledge, business acumen, under minimal supervision.
- Leverage understanding of the business context to synthesize financial and operational data into meaningful business insights that highlight performance, risk, and opportunities at project level. Take steps to be embedded with project teams in order to understand operational steps, challenges, connections, financial implications. On an ongoing basis, consult with PLs and functional leads on financial matters. Provide financial expertise and guidance, improving the overall acumen of the project teams. Function as the project controller / CFO.
- Provide updates on financial status for assigned projects and create information in response to any client financial reporting needs for assigned projects in the area of project reporting, forecasting, or transactional details for the projects within the portfolio. Support development of client specific deliverables within assigned projects.
- As required, complete all revenue control testing, SOX or audit related.
- For simpler and complex projects, actively monitor the balance sheet positions of projects within the portfolio. Initiate action as needed with project teams to keep balances current, improving DSO and cash flow.
- Maintain, produce and communicate a relevant and impactful set of project and operational metrics designed to support evaluation of financial performance consistent with the project and contract types being managed. In partnership with PLs and project teams, prepare and conduct a monthly project review of performance, operational status, and outlook. The review will focus on revenue forecast, labor and margin, billing status, assumptions, special contract items. The review should capture potential improvement opportunities and actions will be taken.
- Support process and system improvement opportunities by participating in change initiatives at project level
- Play a key role in initiating, building, and reviewing change in scope activity on assigned projects. Work with the project teams on an appropriate budget for the scope of work. Maintain/update simpler to complex projects budgets within relevant tools from post-award onwards including analysis and action on any subsequent changes in scope
- Review and challenge labor assumptions on assigned projects, both volume and mix. Build discipline in our project teams in charging time accurately. Challenge project resource planning support, monitor resource levels on ongoing projects and suggest opportunities to positively impact project/portfolio margin implications within projects.
- Put steps in place with project teams to ensure pass-thrus are managed within project budgets, including appropriate to trigger change in scope as needed.
- Train Finance Business Partner on processes and systems.
- As Finance Business Partner, build rapport with and understand/address needs of project leadership
- Proactively engage and challenge project leadership to achieve financial and business goals; work closely with them to meet financial goals and influence financially sound decision making
- Develops and manages business partner relationships with project leadership and project teams in order to facilitate proper project performance information flow
- Engages within various levels of internal functions, including clients if necessary
- Identifies and communicates ways to improve project financial analysis process and metrics
Analytics & Problem Solving
- Translates information into valuable insights and actionable recommendations. Provides recommendations to the right stakeholders and follows through to deliver timely resolution.
Drive For Results
- Develops profitable recommendations, balancing between customer and business needs and profitability.
- Adapts approach and prioritizes activities, as necessary, to deal with uncertainty and change
Financial Acumen & Controls
- Mitigates risks between business goals and accounting principles and controls.
- Mitigates risks between business goals and accounting principles and controls.
Partnering for Business Success
- Understands partners priorities and acts as a co-pilot to guide them through financial and business decisions
- Understands partners' priorities and acts as a co-pilot to guide them through financial decisions around projects
Process & Project Management
- Challenges the process by identifying and removing inefficiencies and avoiding workarounds.
- Thrives in a complex, fast-paced environment, matrix environment
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills; experience with financial performance systems (e.g., Hyperion)
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of clinical research projects and their financial management including pricing, budgets, revenue recognition, and cost management, billing and invoicing and leveraging profitability.
- Passion to succeed, demonstrated problem solving skills, and professionalism.
- BA in Finance or Accounting, or relevant experience preferred
Minimum Work Experience
- Moderate Level of progressive Finance roles with strong analytical and partnering track record
- Language Skills Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal
Experience range- 4-8 years & CA qualification is must
- Strong experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, reporting experience, Revenue Planning, Budgeting, Forecasting, Variance Analysis, Financial Reporting; Knowledge on Revenue recognition will be added advantage.
- Experience in a service based company is an added advantage. Ideal candidates should be from project finance, Finance business partner, Project controllership, Finance controllership, project controller;
- We candidates with very strong communication skills as this role demands global interaction & stakeholder management.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Clinical Research
Functional Area: Other
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
Parexel International India Pvt. Ltd.
PAREXEL International Corporation is a leading global biopharmaceutical services organization, providing a broad range of expertise-based contract research, consulting, medical communications, and technology solutions and services to the worldwide pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. Committed to providing solutions that expedite time-to-market and peak-market penetration, PAREXEL has developed significant expertise across the development and commercialization continuum, from drug development and regulatory consulting to clinical pharmacology, clinical trials management, medical education and reimbursement. PAREXEL Informatics provides advanced technology solutions, including medical imaging, to facilitate the clinical development process. Headquartered near Boston, Massachusetts, PAREXEL has offices nearly 80 locations in over 50 countries around the world, and has approximately 18,000 employees.
In India, PAREXEL has seven offices spread across five cities: Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Chandigarh, New Delhi and Mumbai. These offices are home to more than 3,000 employees.
Our two new offices in Bengaluru, called IndiQube and EcoWorld, were strategically designed to support a variety of work styles. There are collaboration zones in bright colors, freestanding high tables with stools to serve as informal meeting spaces, quiet rooms for group meetings, and private booths for phone calls. This innovative workspace encourages teamwork, and allows for sufficient flexibility to utilize the office beyond workstations.