Roles and responsibilities
The Senior Quality Assurance Analyst role is to develop and establish quality assurance standards and measures for the information technology services within the organization. Gather and analyze data in support of business cases, proposed projects, and systems requirements. This will include writing test plans and scripts for tracking defects and fixes in product development, software application development, information systems, and operations systems. Apply proven analytical and problem-solving skills to help validate IT processes through careful testing in order to maximize the benefit of business investments in IT initiatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Analyze technical specifications and documentation of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality.
2) Develop and establish quality assurance measures and testing standards for new applications, products, and/or enhancements to existing applications throughout their development/product lifecycles.
3) Collaborate with software/systems personnel in application testing, such as unit, system, regression, automation, performance, load, and acceptance testing methods.
4) Create and execute test plans and scripts that will determine optimal application performance according to specifications.
5) Participate in requirements and design review to build and execute system and integration testing in SAP modules including SD, MM, WMS, FICO, and BI/BW.
6) Create and execute automation test scripts using WorkSoft Certify, TOSCA, HP ALM (Application Lifecycle Management, HP UFT (Unified Functional Testing), and Web services testing using SoapUI.
7) Coordinate testing with global test team across different locations and different time zones.
8) Ensure that testing activities allow applications to meet business requirements and systems goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify existing or potential issues.
9) Test any new software to ensure integration into company systems meets functional requirements, system compliance, and technical specifications.
10) Analyze formal test results in order to discover and report any defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws.
11) Communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to project stakeholders and management.
12) Ensure that all delivery artifacts are reviewed and are according to the standards and guidelines.
13) Ensure that SLAs are being met for services.
14) Verify and revise quality assurance standards as needed.
15) Conduct internal audits to measure and assure adherence to established QA standards for software development, application integration, and information system performance, and corresponding documentation.
16) Make recommendations for improvement of applications to enhance system requirements and development deliverables.
17) Assist in the development of change control processes, practices, and guidelines for new and existing technologies.
18) Participate in developing, distributing, and coordinating in-depth end-user reviews for modified and new systems or applications.
19) Cultivate and disseminate knowledge of quality assurance best practices.
20) Establish and maintain competence in current and planned versions of products
21) Understand the use of industry tools / technology & their impact on project & operational goals
22) Assist in process improvement initiatives by working across technical teams to enhance the systems, processes and controls to ensure effective development, monitoring, and support is in place
Represent Wolters Kluwer within the industry by developing and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of Wolters Kluwer products, industry trends and general business and financial acumen through various sources and initiative. Communicate Wolters Kluwer competitive advantage to customers in a compelling articulate manner in speech, writing and formal presentation
Experience: Minimum 7+ years broad Information Technology experience in:
1. Minimum of 3 years experience in overseeing design, development, and implementation of quality assurance testing including test strategy, test plans, test cases and test data
2. Strong knowledge of system testing best practices and methodologies.
3. Experience in developing SQL queries utilizing RDBMS (can include any of these - SQL Server, DB2, and/or Oracle) to validate test results and/or create test data to execute test cases.
4. Minimum of 5+ years experience as a SAP tester for major SAP Modules SD, FICO, MM and BI/BW.
5. Extensive practical knowledge in importing data for use in report software, spreadsheets, graphs, and flow charts.
6. Extensive experience with core software applications, including web and client/server applications
7. Experience in designing and implementing a test data management strategy
8. Experience in data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities
9. Excellent listening, presentation, and interpersonal skills with attention to details
10. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment demonstrating strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
11. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced team environment
12. Excellent verbal and written communication skills and experience including presentations to senior management, peer groups and associates
13. Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
14. Demonstrated project management and planning skills and experience
15. Strong understanding of project life cycle methodology and procedures
16. Ability to conduct an analysis of business needs, including scheduling meetings, planning agendas, conferring with business line leaders, documenting and making verbal and written presentations
17. Demonstrated on-time and on-budget system delivery skills and experience
18. Strong knowledge of organization policies and procedures
19. Demonstrated experience in using industry standard toolsets to deliver various initiatives