Job Duties :
- The role entails supporting credit risk management teams of global banks in counterparty credit risk assessment of financial institutions. The key activities include :
- Research and analysis of global financial institutions to assess their credit strength.
- Prepare detailed credit risk assessment reports that involve analysis of factors such as the operating environment, business strength, financial strength, management strategy, market-implied parameters and external support.
- Prepare / update financial models or financial spreads through a combination of market databases and company filings.
- Assign credit ratings by using the client's proprietary framework and make subjective adjustments as necessary.
- Should be able to defend his/her views on the counterparty / covered entity when challenged by senior stakeholders and clients.
- Track market events closely and assess implications on the coverage portfolio
- Support project managers on ad hoc projects.
- Other activities may include preparing industry and country research reports, maintaining and updating financial models and company/industry specific databases and preparing news flows.
- The role may also require training and mentoring colleagues on specific aspects of credit risk.
Desired Candidate Profile
- 2 - 4 years- experience in assessing counterparty credit risk for global financial institutions (experience in covering banks / insurance companies / asset managers / broker-dealers / funds would be preferred)
Qualification : CA/ MBA Finance/ CFA/ FRM from Tier 1 Institutes
- Should have 2 to 4 years of experience specifically in counterparty credit risk assessment or credit research or equity research
- Strong understanding of core finance and accounting concepts.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Ability to communicate analytical thoughts in a crisp, concise and precise manner.
- Should be able to independently assess counterparties without relying on readily available research.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to participate/contribute as a team player.
- Should be willing to put in the extra hours when tight deadlines need to be met.
- Willingness to operate in a dynamic environment that may entail multi-tasking.
- Prior experience in fundamental analysis of financial institutions is mandatory.
- An understanding of global banking regulations would be preferable.
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization, CA, MBA/PGDM - Finance
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
The Hiring Story
Client of The Hiring Story
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.