Roles and responsibilities Role Profile: Senior/Staff Software Engineer - EDA
Location: Bengaluru, India
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to :
- Full lifecycle software development including design, development, testing and documentation of EDA tools for programmable devices
- Utilize Object-oriented programming methodology using C++ & STL for design and implementation of current and next generation
- Perform detailed analysis, identify root causes and arrive at suitable solutions during all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Engage and team up with colleagues globally, and leverage technical skills to produce results with a high degree of responsiveness, regardless of time and geographical differences
- Resolve wide range of issues in a creative way, exercise judgment in selecting methods and techniques to arrive at solutions
Key Activities for the position include but are not limited to :
- Immediate work involves development in STA component of Aurora, EDA Software tool.
- Take technical ownership of area(s) in EDA flow. It includes proposing, defining & developing new features in ownership area(s); resolving customer issues; mentoring & working in team.
- Work on different phases of software development cycle, from gathering requirement specification to delivery.
- Design & develop the assigned projects, following best practices in defining object-oriented methodology and implementing it by effectively using C++ & STL.
- Giving utmost importance to quality and robustness of the deliverables. It is achieved by doing a thorough functional unit testing of the implemented features.
Required Candidate profileEducation/Knowledge & Skills Profile :
- BE/BTech/ME/MTech in CS/Electronics/Electrical Engineering, from Tier-I engineering colleges (IITs, BITS-Pilani, NITs), with 5-9 years of experience in EDA tools development.
- Strong academic background and good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Prior experience in developing projects related to timing either in FPGA specific EDA tool suite or in ASIC specific EDA tool suite.
- Strong in object-oriented programming using C++ & STL.
- Good Understanding of C, Shell scripting, Makefiles, Tcl & Lex/Yacc
- Prior Experience in using SVN/Bug tracking tools
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to work well in a dynamic environment and be able to respond positively to change
- Superior verbal and written communication skills, in English
Behavioral Skills Profile :
- Results Orientation - Knowing what results are important, and focusing resources to achieve them
- Personal Accountability - The willingness to claim ownership for the results provided as a consequence of your involvement, both individually and collectively with others
- Team Work - Working effectively and productively with others
- Problem solving - The ability to discover, analyze and resolve problems and find solutions to specific issues
- Continuous Learning - Taking initiative in learning and implementing new concepts
- Flexibility - Agility in Adapting to change
- Resiliency - The ability to quickly recover from Adversity
- Futuristic Thinking - Imagining, envisioning, projecting and /or predicting what had not yet been realized.
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers
PG:M.Tech - Computers, Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Infinity HR Consulting Services
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.