Software Development Engineer 3
Eng 3, Software Engineer (Test)
What are some interesting problems you'll be working on?
- As a Software Engineer in Test, you will be part of an Agile DevOps team responsible for the ingest of all VOD content for Comcast and our external customers. This is an exciting time for the organization as we are in the early stages of developing a single platform (OneIngest) that ingests, processes and distributes all VOD and advertising assets for all Comcast video and CTS partners. In addition, we are continuing to support our existing VOD Ingest platform.
- You will work alongside Content Operations, Product Management, Program Management, Architecture and TPx engineering organizations such as VIPER to continue testing our current VOD Ingest platform and creating the test framework for OneIngest. And, finally, since you will be part of the CTS Video Platform organization, you will be tightly aligned with the Seattle and Denver based teams on larger software and organizational initiatives.
Where can you make an impact?
- Scale the VOD ingest platforms to handle the processing of hundreds or thousands of assets.
- Work directly with external customers to syndicate services such as content origination and processing.
- Transform VOD metadata for the needs of Comcast's X1 platform and CTS syndicated partners.
- Transcode, encrypt, package, process, store and distribute video and image files.
- You'll be working with the brightest minds in Comcast while we roll out the video systems that will power both the current and next generation of television.
- Success in this role is characterized by minimizing time to market of new features from concept to implementation, meanwhile removing customer-facing defects and impacts of component outages.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Your responsibilities will span the entire product life cycle, from requirements gathering, to development, to deployment, and operations support. You will be responsible for a number of things, including: automating and testing a web UI, middle tier, and/or backend; working with the operations team to deploying the code in production and troubleshoot subsequent production issues; or you may develop scripts and utilities to automate data collection; interpret the collected data, and suggest a resolution to issues you uncover in the data.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job
- Own the customer experience-think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff-be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team-make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System-a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company-by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion and diversity.
- Do what's right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Automate and test solutions to a wide range of difficult applications, problems or procedures.
- Define and manage processes to facilitate user acceptance testing events, including demos, test execution and defect management.
- Provide input into end user and production support processes based on testing results.
- Monitor bugs and issues reported via production support to continuously improve testing processes.
- Create and maintain project deliverables to ensure test plans, scripts, acceptance criteria, results, defect logs, etc. are thoroughly and consistently documented using standard templates and centralized repository.
- Interpret internal/external business issues and recommend complete solutions based on best practices and proven technologies.
- Work with other members of cross-functional teams, third party vendors, and company product managers and marketing teams to deliver quality products in a timely fashion that meet defined requirements.
- Be diligent about recording/documenting development, testing and production support activities and tasks in Jira or other tools.
- Ensure that project requests are properly accepted into the DevOps engineering team, worked on in a timely and efficient manner, are of high quality, and smoothly going through the DevOps life cycle continuous innovation, feedback, and improvement.
- Deploy new systems and software including appropriate testing to ensure successful deployment. Determine the necessary test coverage and plans for deployment strategy.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Occasional on-call support is expected
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent (Computer Science or Engineering degree)
- Requires 5-8 years related experience
- Experience with comprehensive testing strategies, including unit, functional, system, integration, end-to-end, regression, load, and performance testing.
- Excellent with one or more Test automation tools and technologies like Selenium, Cucumber, TestNG, LamdaTest, Jmeter.
- Protractor / Angular JS UI automation testing is a plus.
- Experience with core Java, Spring and Maven.
- Working knowledge of testing scalable microservices
- Ability to navigate Linux operating systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for network, Linux, and application issues
- Working experience with DataStax/Cassandra or other NoSQL database
- Experience with build/deployment automation (Jenkins, TeamCity)
- Experience with Java test automation (JUnit, Mockito)
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Kubernetes or other containerization frameworks is a plus.
- Prior experience or understanding of the Agile development framework
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Computers, Any Graduate - Any Specialization
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Comcast India Engineering Center (I) LLP
Comcast India Engineering Center (I) LLP
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.