Software DevOps Engineer 3 Location: Bangalore Experience
:5-8 years The candidate will:
- Explore and learn multiple, cutting edge technologies in the cloud industry
- Solve complex technical problems and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Understand CI/CD best practices
- Be self-motivated
- Advance automation of standard/recurring tasks
- Assimilate and apply new technologies
- Work with remote, global teams as well as individually
- Produce documentation for application engineers in support of developed work
- Experience with development / test in an open source environment including operation of SSH and shell functions
- Strong networking knowledge
- Experience with SCM tools and software engineering best practices
- Agile methodology knowledge
An ideal candidate will have expertise with:
- Linux/Unix development (Oracle Linux preferred)
- Oracle database, MySQL (experience with MS SQL and/or NoSQL is a plus)
- CI/CD (Jenkins and GitLab CI)
- Containers and orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes, and docker-compose)
- Cloud computing platform (Oracle Cloud Infrastructure Services)
- Programming and scripting languages (Python, bash, Java Script - additional experience with Groovy, Java, Ansible, and/or Go is a plus)
- Git version-control and collaboration (GitLab)
- Issue tracking and collaboration (Jira and Confluence)
- Product/Service ownership or Project Management experience a plus
- Experienced with ITIL V3, Foundation Level certified preferred
Roles & Responsibilities
- The candidate will work with highly skilled, highly motivated engineers using Agile methodologies based on Scrum or Kanban, and incorporating enterprise agile practices from Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- The team embraces a DevOps environment the Developers are the Operators. The work environment is to treat everything as code (code, configuration, infrastructure, pipelines, everything) to achieve the highest quality product in the most efficient amount of time.
- You will work alongside a software development team within the greater Oracle Cloud Reliability Engineering team where you will develop new features as well as expand and support existing features. One week you may be writing automated tests for an existing feature.
- The next week you may be developing a new feature (design, code, test, and deploy) for a customer in our environment. T
- he next week you may be providing support to a customer on your new feature. You will learn new technologies based on what we already deploy and use.
- You will also learn about and research new technologies that you bring to the team to better our offerings.
- You will play a key role in building more intelligence, into CRS services that we deliver, so that SaaS services function more and more autonomously over time.
Perks and Benefits
Best in the industry
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Software Developer
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent