Qualcomm is looking for Engineer/Sr.Engineer to join its Power Software, Linux Android Power & Thermal Power team.
Thermal Power Software Team:
- Thermal Software team works on achieving industry leading Thermal/Limit SW management solution on Qualcomm Mobile, IoT and AR/VR chipsets.
- In this position, the candidate will be working with cross-functional teams to identify thermal & Peak Current risks and provide optimized solutions with proper Mitigation.
- The candidate will need to perform system level analysis of thermal use cases, & work towards optimal system level thermal SW solution.
- In addition, the candidate will need to come up with thermal mitigations schemes that are best in the industry.
- Systems/HW background with a good understanding of microprocessor architecture and common SoC hardware blocks (Interconnects, Display, Graphics, etc.)
- Operating systems concepts - scheduling, memory management and device drivers
- Using debug tools like JTAG debugger, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers.
- Mobile power or thermal management SW development.
Linux Android Power Team:
The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for:
- Target power team is focused on achieving industry leading power consumption on Qualcomm's Processor chipsets.
- Identification, analysis and triage of system level obstacles to optimize power.
- Guide multi-function groups through the execution cycle in achieving the set power targets.
- Should demonstrate strong skill and depth knowledge in the areas of Embedded Systems, Microcontrollers, SoC Power, Modem, Multimedia, and Wireless communications
- Should have a knowledge of lower power design and SW/HW power features
- Should demonstrate an ability to debug system level power issues.
- Should be self-driven, motivated and willing to take up an extremely challenging role
- Should demonstrate strong leadership skills, and ability to communicate and express his thoughts with conviction
Power Software Team at Qualcomm:
Ideal Candidate should have:
- Works to design and develop advanced power management software on ARM based multi-processor and multi cluster systems
- Collaborate with Architecture, HW design and cross functional teams at the product design stage
- Performs Pre-silicon validation of power management software of the upcoming chipsets
- Drive system low power mode support with internal and customer engineering team.
- Experience in embedded software development in C and preferably on mobile platforms
- Solid understanding of ARM or any other processor architecture (core, cache, memory, bus architecture, IOs, etc.) and common hardware blocks
- Preference to candidates with experience in developing power management software on embedded platforms
- Strong in Operating systems concepts - scheduling, memory management and device drivers
- Hands on experience in writing drivers in Linux or RTOS
- Experience in using debug tools like JTAG debugger, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication
PG:M.Tech - Any Specialization, Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
View Contact Details
Qualcomm india pvt ltd.
QUALCOMM CDMA Technologies (QCT) is the largest provider of 3G chipset and software technology in the world, with chipsets shipped to more than 50 customers and powering the majority of all 3G devices commercially available. QCT partners with nearly 60 3G network operators around the globe and has the largest CDMA engineering team in the wireless industry.
QCT provides complete chipset solutions and integrated applications from the Launchpad suite of advanced technologies. Our integrated solutions offer device manufacturers reduced bill-of-materials costs, time-to-market, and development time. Mobile handsets powered by QCT chipsets can offer more features while maintaining a smaller, sleeker form-factor and benefiting from reduced power demands.
QCT values collaboration with its customers and partners and works closely with them to enable their success. We offer a wide range of tools to support the device development process, and develop new technologies based on the needs and demands of the wireless market. Devices for all market segments can now include features enabled by 3G wireless technology, in demand by a growing and increasingly sophisticated wireless community.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.