Roles & Responsibilities:
- As a Telecommunications consultant with specialization in Railways domain/background and experience, the candidate is responsible for developing the Telecommunications Solutions and Services for Railways
- Assist in creating Comms service offerings and solutions for Railways by bringing expertise knowledge/experience in Ground-To-Train and On-board Communications
- Assist in developing/enhancing services/solutions in relation to fixed and mobile communications including RF/LTE/GSM-R/TETRA and Fiber Optics
- Take responsibility/ownership of all business development activities for Rail-Communications that includes supporting sales/bid/delivery teams, solution creation, RFx responses, proposal writing, preparation/presentation of solution presentations
- Support sales/bid management/delivery teams in addressing the various bid/RFx responses, position the appropriate service/solution offerings by creating the competitive proposals/responses for Railways and Transport industries
- Perform technology evolution in fixed and mobile networks for Railways, keep reviewing the global technology trends/market analysis to generate sales leads and support further in qualifying them as sales opportunities
- Support delivery teams by providing subject matter expertise during presales, project test/pilot phases for network planning, design and system integration in Railways by closely working with both client and delivery teams
- Support marketing team in creating white/green papers, abstracts/blogs, collaterals and broachers in relation to fixed and mobile communications for Rail industry
- Perform other relevant duties as required/assigned
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate should have the following competencies:
- University Degree or Diploma in Electronics Engineering
- Minimum 8 - 10 years of technical experience in Rail Communications including Optical Transport Networks, IP/MPLS, CCTV/Surveillance, Wi-Fi and RF/GSM-R/TETRA networks/systems
- 5 8 years of experience in Rail Communications business development activities, sales support, solutions creation, RFx responses by leveraging knowledge/experience
- Prior experience in install, configure, operate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair telecommunications for Railways and train control systems would be given first preference
- Any industry/vendor related certifications in Rail Communications would be given preference
- Willingness to work under time pressure with ease/flexibility for RFx responses, solutions and proposal writings by playing a team-player role among delivery and bid management teams
- Should have strategic and analytical thinking/approach during presales/business development stages in creating solutions/presentations
- Excellent communications in English and interpersonal skills are mandatory as the job involves dealing with global clients and their technical teams
- Willingness to travel to overseas as and when required (30% overseas travel involved)
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area: IT Software - Telecom Software
Role Category: System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role: Solution Architect / Enterprise Architect
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time
We create and deliver services that enhance your business agility. Our leading-edge solutions enable major organizations worldwide to achieve measurable and substantial benefits. Solutions include product development and life-cycle support, process and network engineering, plus data transformation and analytics.
We utilize a global delivery model. And we have more than 12,000 associates across 38 global locations, with delivery centers in North America, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. We are experts in the aerospace, consumer, energy, medical, oil and gas, mining, heavy equipment, hi-tech, rail transportation, telecom and utilities industries.
This makes us your ideal partner. Whether you want to design innovative products faster, optimize R&amp;amp;amp;amp;D costs, improve time to market, enhance operational efficiency or maximize the return on investment in your networks. We help you make a difference for your customer. This might be a quieter flight, a longer-lasting toothbrush, more robust broadband connectivity, or more reliable GPS navigation.
We are proud of our robust internal processes. To ensure your IP security, solution quality and on-time delivery, we align with industry best practices and internationally renowned standards and frameworks. These include ISO 9001:2008, ISO 27001:2005 (information security), AS9100 C (aerospace), and ISO 13485 (medical devices).
Cyient is a public limited company and listed on the NSE/BSE stock exchange.