Sr Analyst I - Engineering Run
The primary role of this position isto provide technical support to Oracle BI platform, Client Reporting Platform,Investments, Sales/Distribution & other Enterprise data warehouses andcorresponding ETL processes. The role also involves developing smaller systemenhancements (development effort < 120 hours). This person must possessstrong technical, communication, collaboration, critical thinking andinter-personal skills.
Key Responsibilities / Duties
- Resolve Production support Incidentsby technical troubleshooting and involve other support staff and business as needed.
- Escalate issues and remediationsteps effectively and in a timely manner.
- Provide client support for on call,after hours, weekends, and public holidays when required.
- Provide technical support for projectsand existing systems in cooperation with other team members including issueidentification, log review, job flow dependencies and resolution.
- Perform root cause analysis forrecurring issues and Major Incidents
- Enforce support handover process forProjects
- Ensure all solutions are accompaniedby appropriate system documentation that meets internal standards.
- Lead continuous improvementopportunities for team processes and procedures.
Required Candidate profile
- Minimum 5-8 years' experience workingin an Information Technology environment. 2 to 3 years in Operations/Production Support
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem-solvingskills, strong batch analysis and system performance tuning skills.
- Hands-on experience on SQL, ETL andOBIEE are required.
- Experienced with softwaredevelopment lifecycle.
- Experience working in the financialservices industry is preferred.
- A plus if experienced with ITIL,Agile or Lean principles.
- A plus if experienced on OracleAnalytics on Cloud (OAC)
- Knowledge of Python and experiencein automation will be an added advantage
Skills/ Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Must have exceptional ability indiagnosing and solving information system problems while maintainingprofessionalism and courtesy.
- Must have the ability to execute ondeliverables, establish priorities, meet deadlines and concentrate on detailedinformation in a fast-paced, demanding work environment.
- Must be able to execute assignmentscreatively with moderate direction.
- The ability to work effectively andfoster a strong team environment.
- Interpersonal skills necessary toeffectively interact and communicate in person, over the phone, viateleconference and via email throughout the organization with a variety ofindividuals at all technical levels is required.
Formal Education:(minimumrequirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelor degree in ManagementInformation Systems, Computer Information Systems, Computer Science, BusinessAdministration or related field is preferred or commensurate relevant workexperience.
- Normal office environment withlittle exposure to noise, dust and temperatures.
- The ability to lift, carry orotherwise move objects of up to 10 pounds is also necessary.
- Normally works a regular schedule ofhours, however hours may vary depending upon the project or assignment.
- Hours include evenings and/orweekends, public holidays and may occasionally include 24 hour a day on callsupport by pager and/or cell phone.
- Willingness to travel bothdomestically and internationally. Frequency and duration to be determined by manager.