The Sr. Front End Developer plays a key role within the BMC Web Marketing Team. This individual will work within a group that is passionate about writing quality code and creating technology to serve Marketing business goals. The developer will participate in the betterment of bmc.com front-end integrations and support our core front-end framework.
This individual will drive the front-end framework (HTML/CSS/JS) architecture, design, code quality, and maintenance for all bmc.com solutions. The ideal candidate possesses a pro-active, solution-oriented mindset and excellent leadership skills. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must as this role will work in constant collaboration with creatives, web strategists, and web development functions to constantly evolve our web presence. He or she will enjoy the benefits of working in a fast-paced environment that encourages innovation and where their efforts play a key role in the success of bmc.com. Projects can range from pure client-side static pages to working on a proprietary framework with server-side templates. The Sr. Front End Developer reports to the Sr. Manager, Web Strategy.
Participates in module design with focus paid to the production of high quality, portable, maintainable and BMC standards-compliant software; Provides design and requirement inputs to product architect in support of goals.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with bmc.com teams to create and improve existing site templates and interactive features
- Use multiple web technologies on top of Adobe/Google Marketing Cloud products including Adobe Experience Manager, Target (A/B testing), Adobe/Google Analytics, and Adobe/Google Dynamic Tag Manager (Launch / DTM).
- Develop code to enrich analytics, support a responsive web strategy, and enable a test-first mindset.
- Collaborate with creative team to ensure new concepts are as executable as they are beautiful
- Develop prototypes and proof-of-concepts that will improve the overall user experience across the site while achieving business goals
- Assist technical enablement and governance teams in creating technical documentation and setting code standards
- Lead a strong front end development practice and review deliverables from outside agencies for accuracy and completeness
- Build a strong partnership with the business to ensure their expectations are met and managed
- Investigate and evangelize the latest web technologies across the larger organization
- 8+ years experience working currently as either a senior level developer within a fast-paced environment
- Must have implemented HTML5/CSS3 and Responsive/Adaptive Web Design
- Proficient in working with one or more libraries such as jQuery, Prototype, etc.
- Experience working within a multi-developer team utilizing source control (Git, SVN, CVS, etc.) and can capably solve merge conflicts
- Can refactor CSS into SASS partials and mix-ins
- Passion for front end technology and desire to stay on top of emerging development trends for creating future-friendly experiences
- Excellent communication, leadership and presentation skills
- Keen eye for detail and experience collaborating with design teams to deliver world class web experiences
- Must be able to brainstorm and communicate technology ideas and issues with peers and management
- Experience using Git for release management a plus
- Enterprise CMS experience is a plus