Senior Information Developer is an active participant within engineering and has an excellent understanding of the documentation development process, the software development process, and product lifecycles.
- Develop high-quality technical documentation by working with writers and engineers.
- Work with engineering and QA to refine application programming interface (API) documentation.
- Under direction of IDD Managers and lead information developers, take ownership of assigned projects; follow through to complete the product cycle, and report accurate and timely status for all assignments.
- Work with reviewers to ensure technical accuracy and appropriateness of content according to prescribed project deliverables and schedules.
- Become a subject matter expert on the product being documented, as well as make recommendations to improve technical information based on target audiences.
- Judge the severity of issues and appropriately escalate to management.
- Collaborate with writers and editors in all locations to ensure adherence to the prescribed style guide for the seamless flow of information to our customers.
- Participate in peer reviews and incorporate feedback into documentation materials.
- Monitor the problem tracking database to identify documentation problems or changes and trends in product usability issues.
- Adhere to established standards to ensure content is optimized for localization.
- Initiate and recommend creative ways to improve technical information deliverables and processes.
- Help other information developers as required to meet deadlines.
- Gain awareness of customer issues and documentation usage from a customer perspective through field reports and IDD customer feedback calls.
- Experience developing technical documentation for system administrator and other technical audiences.
- Highly proficient with accepted industry-specific publishing tools.
- Thorough understanding of document and software development life cycles as well as project management and software development methodologies.
- Strong commitment to teamwork and willingness to accept responsibility and accountability.
- Excellent technical writing skills.
- Demonstrate excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively work with global and culturally diverse departments and groups.
- Experience writing documentation for industry-specific and internet-based technologies, Web and application servers, or client-server applications and technologies.
- Recent experience developing XML-based documentation.
It is the policy of BMC Software to afford equal opportunity for employment to all individuals regardless of race, color, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, history of disability, ancestry, citizenship status, political affiliation, religion, gender, transgender, gender identity, marital status, status as a parent, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information or other factors prohibited by law, and to prohibit harassment or retaliation based on any of these factors.
BMC Software helps leading companies around the world put technology at the forefront of business transformation, improving the delivery and consumption of digital services.
From mainframe to cloud to mobile, BMC delivers innovative IT management solutions that have enabled more than 15,000 customers to leverage complex technology into extraordinary business performance - increasing their agility and exceeding anything they previously thought possible.
It's amazing what IT was meant to be.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Application Programming
Role Category: Programming & Design
Role: Software Developer
Employment Type: Permanent Job, Full Time