If you are an experienced Linux engineer/developer and DevOps practitioner who has experience in the Big Data space (Hadoop ecosystem), or is looking to grow into that area then we would love to talk to you.
Our Big Data team has grown rapidly and as we continue to expand, we are looking for someone who can help us support and enhance the Big Data Platform at Cloudaeon and our customers for all the
developers, data scientists and end users who interact with it.
This role will be part of a highly collaborative team that is integral to the technical decisions and architecture for the company.
The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of Linux and how that scales across dozens or more nodes within a cluster as well as experience with Cloudera (or other distributions of Hadoop). They will have experience in the day to day administration of cluster, understanding how to build and support a stable, secure environment.
They will also be experienced in the use of end to end DevOps processes including good code management, development, deployment and support.
- Personable, curious, intelligent, positive thinker, highly motivated, results driven, quick learner, great communicator
- Good experience of using and administering modern Linux Distros. Preferably RHEL derivatives or related distros (CENTOS/ORACLE Linux/Scientific Linux/Fedora)
- Strong Infrastructure background
- Strong understanding of Operating Systems (File systems, Processes, Networking)
- Experience of using/administering distributed systems in some capacity. Preferably Hadoop and Cloudera distribution.
- Experience of Database administration (Postgresql, Mysql, Oracle)
- Strong Shell Scripting or Programming. Strongly prefer Python. But Bash, Perl, ruby, powershell are acceptable.
- Background in programming and good understanding of computer science.
- Keen interest in problem solving and debugging
- Understanding of Basic SQL
- Exposure to ETL processes.
- Develop re-usable code for platform management and data processing
- Additionally, experience in any of the following is welcome: Networking, Kerberos, Ldap, SSH, Java, Computer Security, Regular Expressions, Compilation from Source(Java, C/C++, make, MVN, ant etc), Web Applications, Jenkins, git, scheduling and automation.
Desired Candidate Profile
Please refer to the Job description above
UG: B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Computers, B.Sc - Any Specialization, BCA - Computers
View Contact Details
Cloudaeon Technologies Ltd
We are startup based in Pune and London working in the Big Data, Machine Learning and AI area.
We are working with retailer/supply chain companies to leverage data to improve their bottom line.
We are rapidly growing since inception and now strong team of around 30 and growing.
IEIL has taken all reasonable steps to ensure that information on this site is authentic. Applicants are advised to research bonafides of advertisers independently. IEIL shall not have any responsibility in this regard. We also recommend that you visit Security Guidelines
and Terms and Conditions
for more comprehensive information on this aspect.