Job Purpose (Job Summary) :
The Sr. Business Analyst leads digital research, development of business requirements, use cases and functional specifications for large-scale client-facing digital projects. The analyst plays a lead role in implementing web and mobile solutions supporting multiple Invesco European business units. A primary focus is collaborating with global business partners in translating business needs and requirements into user stories, as well as researching digital best practices and testing new innovative technologies.
Key Responsibilities / Duties :
- Responsible for research, competitive analysis, and defining business requirements for web and mobile digital solutions. Effectively communicates these strategies, goals and objectives to team members and business partners.
- As part of the Agile scrum team, serves as "Product Owner" responsible for ensuring the digital solutions implemented delivers value to end-clients and the business
- Define audience needs and translate those into requirements, user stories and functional specifications for compelling interactions and user experience.
- Ability to think logically, critically and constructively about complex problems and collaborate with development on creative technology solutions that address business and client needs.
- Responsible for owning, maintaining, and prioritizing the product backlog as well as coordinating communications, escalating and facilitating resolution of risks, issues and changes tied to the backlog.
- Participate in sprint planning, release planning and forecasting. Works closely with the technology team to develop, test and deliver the defined capabilities and rapidly iterate new solutions.
- Establishes user story acceptance criteria and ensures each story meets the acceptance criteria. Documents all use cases, test results and retest as necessary.
- Is available to team members to answer questions and deliver direction on completion of user stories.
- In partnership with key business stakeholders, supports the development of digital solutions' training materials; and key messaging for internal/external digital marketing communications.
- Has a solid understanding of the business, end users, marketplace and competitors. Analyzes Digital Marketing and e-Business market trends to identify innovations and new business opportunities
- Monitors, evaluates and performs competitor analysis of others in the Financial Services industry as well as general digital technologies best practices and usability standards.
- Keeps abreast of new channels and emerging technologies supporting digital marketing (web, mobile, SEO); including legal and compliance regulations.
- Manage third-party vendor relationships for digital solutions (as requested).
Work Experience / Knowledge :
- A minimum of 8 years business analyst experience or related field is required. Knowledge of financial services industries preferred.
- A minimum of 6 years' experience working on web, mobile and digital projects.
- Experience with Agile project management tools. Rally a plus.
- Use of Agile Methodology for projects.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required :
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs.
- Strong understanding of Digital best practices.
- Must be able to balance multiple priorities and multiple clients with diplomacy and tact
- Must understand the function of products, practices, and processes of investment company's marketing, service and sales departments.
- Motivated self-starter who is able to work independently.
- Solid teamwork and interpersonal skills, with the ability to deliver effective oral and written communications.
- Understanding of SEC and FINRA regulations governing communications is preferred.
Formal Education : (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Analysis, Technology & Automation or a related field is required.
License/Registration/Certification : (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Usability certification is a plus