Your Role and Responsibilities
Who you are
As IBM SAN Technical Expert, you are responsible to provide technical support with high degree of Customer Happiness by meeting Service Level Agreements (SLA) and process compliance. You will perform business impact analysis and risk assessments to reduce the likelihood of significant service outage or disasters.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here. What will you do
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Provide L2 and L3 level Storage Management services and product support for various Storage boxes like DS4000/5000/8000, V7000 and XIV, SVC supported storage solutions across various accounts
- Maintain and Lead various storage solutions. Provide L3 Level technical support, guidance and direction for products supported
- Analyze and resolve called out problems. Ensure integrity of supported environment
- Actively and pre-emptively figure out possible faults and causes by the execution of pre-determined health and operational checks
- Handle and resolve problems identified by sys admins or monitoring software. Work with change and problem management tools. Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison
- Liaise with customer accounts as required. Investigate, identify and document proposals that will improve application recoverability
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 6+ years of experience in IBM SAN products.
- Demonstrable experience in IBM SAN DS 8000 Series, V 7k, 8k Series and SVC. Installation, Configuration and upgradation administration on Windows, UNIX and Linus environments
- Proven experience in thin provisioning, Global Mirror and Metro Mirror.
- Product understanding, Advance troubleshooting & Disaster Recovery activities
- Ability to implement High Availability, Work Load Management and Fail Over, Disaster recovery
- Proficient in designing, implementation, solutioning, client facing to Implement standard methodologies & Performance monitoring
- Validated expertise in debugging and analytical skills with solid grasp of system development methodologies, techniques and tool
- You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
- Working knowledge on IBM 4k, 5k, 8K Series, V 7k, 9k and SVC and XIV, CISCO and Brocade Switches.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Software - Network Administration
Role Category: System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role: Subject Matter Expert
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent