The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operations and maintenance of Hypervisor (VMware), Windows and Linux Systems. This person will work as part of a global team and ensure these systems adhere to organizational values, enable staff, volunteers, partners and customers. This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Engineering and Provisioning
- Install new and rebuild existing servers, configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Research and recommend innovative, and possible automated approaches.
- Identify approaches that leverage resources and provide economies of scale as well as provide on-going capacity forecasting recommendations as required
Operations and Support
- Perform daily review of various hypervisor and h/w system monitors/alerts/logs
- Verify integrity and availability of hardware, server resources and systems. Perform regular security monitoring to identify possible intrusions.
- Work to resolve internal server support tickets as required in a timely manner
- Provide Tier 1-3 support per request and troubleshoot issues.
- Be able to work with Tier 3 vendor support or fellow senior & principal engineers from other teams to effectively troubleshoot and resolve issues as required
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures while adhering to IHS change management policies and procedures (i.e. coordinating and communicating with impacted customers and colleagues)
- Apply hypervisor and hardware patches/upgrades/firmware regularly, as well as upgrade administrative tools and utilities as required
- Maintain operational, configuration, and other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Maintain data center environmental and monitoring equipment.
- Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Information Science, Computer Networking and Telecommunications, Engineering, Computer Science or relevant practical experience.
- Must have 3+ years of Enterprise system administration experience.
- Virtual Environment (VMware & Hyper-V) administration within an enterprise environment is a must and VCP certification would be a nice to have
- Experience with Cisco UCS and HP Servers are required.
- Knowledge of DEVOPS operations models ideal but not required.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Responsibilities will require working possible evenings/weekends on mid-week shifts (e.g. Fri - Tues)
- On-Call rotation for the duration of 1 week ever 8-13 weeks.
- No regular travel
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: IT Hardware
, Technical Support
, Telecom Engineering
Role Category: IT Hardware
Role: System Administrator
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent