The Position This job role and its team will manage 30+ markets and act as a point of responsibility for all matters relating to meeting 'Transparency Laws across countries' and helping local affiliates to meet their regulatory and internal reporting goals. The role will work with the broader Xpend team in Hyderabad and Dublin and our Global & Regional business stakeholders in Ethics, Risk and Compliance to ensure countries are able to meet the expected obligations. The role will involve direct team management, via demonstration of strong leadership and role modelling skills, of a defined reliable, high quality, efficient governance process and project management services by Hyderabad Xpend Services team to enable delivery of transparency laws across countries in various divisions. The person is also responsible for developing and coaching Xpend team at Hyderabad in line with Novartis people development requirements and Novartis Values and Behaviors.
As the Global Xpend Team Lead - Data Management, you will have to
1.Lead an operational team to contribute to the planning and execution of country specific service adoption plans including a report production planning, process adoption, quality reviews, communications and reporting readiness.
2.Manage the performance of the team, manage the year end process and create development plans
3.Build productive working relationships with main stakeholders sharing insights or lessons learned gained from other countries.
4.Provides guidance, quality control and guidance in methodologies, processes and SOPs to enable deliverables.
5.Grooms and develops talent, implements succession planning and mentor associates for higher responsibilities.
6.Works with other teams (cross functional teams) at PLS Xpend & Legal Hyderabad to leverage the cross-functional synergies.
7.Define and improve processes and help his/her team to assist local country affiliates to translate and implement these processes and practices.
8.Develop specialist knowledge on all reportable spend data and work with compliance, business and divisional leads to provide consultative support to local affiliates.
9.Guide local affiliates through the data quality analysis & remediation process including delivery of training on data errors, quality checks and monitoring spend patterns.
10.Lead regular service governance review meetings with local affiliates and of Global stakeholders to review reporting production plans and to challenge readiness to meet regulatory deadlines.
11.Implement rigorous service metrics including KPIs & scorecards and to drive local country affiliates to address backlog or slippage on agreed milestones.
12.Develop and present service status updates to senior stakeholder groups including risks, issues and to escalate issues where necessary.
13.Prepare for and facilitate data capture workshops with local affiliates and including the translation of global processes into day to day operational procedures.
14.Act as a primary escalation of contact between local country affiliates and Global Xpend Services for all aspects of operations, resolution of issues and service management.
15.Become a central voice for local affiliates by highlighting key issues, challenges and communicate top issues to key senior stakeholders.
16.Keep the local country affiliates informed of key Global Xpend information that may be critical to their success incl system changes, training events etc...
What you'll bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Information Management or related field 12+ years' experience implementing global change management programs and driving service adoption plans Fluent in English
- Leadership Skills : Stakeholder Management, People Management, Project Management, Pharma business understanding.
- Strong interpersonal, customer relationship management, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Highly self-motivated and able to work effectively with different divisions and senior stakeholders.
- Strong business results-focus & with proven ability to plan, reassess priorities in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience in translating global processes into workable day to day operational work plans.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity with a flexible approach & effective dealing high levels of multitasking.
- Be highly organized and work well under pressure as well as have a strong sense of urgency.
- Preferable to have experience of the EU EFPIA or US Physicians Sunshine Act (US Transparency) Code.
- Preferable to know any of the EU Languages.
- Should have a project management certification PRINCE 2 / PMP or equivalent.
- Desirable to have understanding.