About the Job
The Technical Account Manager plays a critical role in ensuring overall revenueretention and growth within Akamai's strategic accounts. This role is responsiblefor overall customer satisfaction and accountable for successful solutiondeployment for Akamai's strategic customers. The Technical Account Manager isan integral part of the sales cycle, collaborating with the Major Account Executive to expand the breadth and depth of Akamai services adoption. Thisrole also provides oversight during deployments to mitigate project risk,manage project economics, and increase the value realized by Akamai's strategiccustomers.
About the Team
A Technical Account Manager is the technical partner to Sales, across strategicnamed accounts. The TAM provides unanticipated value and strives to provide theright solution to our Customer. Our Technical Account Manager possess thedeepest levels of technical understanding and are equally strong is strategicrelationship building, understanding Customer business drivers, matching thoseto Akamai's technology, and clearly articulating complex solutions to named Customers.
* Drive revenues by managing the pre-sales technical process and evangelizingAkamai's technology to existing and prospective customers, and to drive newproduct and service offerings.
* Partner with sales on named accounts to identify opportunities for Akamai andthe Partner/Customer to see impactful growth in technology via utilization ofexisting solutions and continued adoption of Akamai's product portfolio.
* Manage the Customer technical proposal process and ensure that all technicalinformation and recommendations addressing customer requirements are accurate,properly defined and detailed.
* Show high standards of technical thought leadership with both named Partners/Customersand the interlocked Sales, Service & Support organization, whether byactive education, consultation, presentation, technical evaluations, objectionhandling or general supportive discussion.
* Develop detailed, researched and extensive Strategic plans for the technicaldevelopment of named accounts, which span short, medium and long termopportunities to grow. Work with the Partner/Customer and key Akamai resourcesto establish an approved technical strategy.
* Work closely with peers in Service & Support to ensure that the Partner's/Customer'srequirements are fulfilled and their expectations met. Act as an escalationpoint for the Services product fulfillment resources.
Required Candidate profile
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equival entindustry experience.
* Minimum 5+ years overall experience.
* Minimum 3+ years of experience in a "customer facing" environment such astechnical sales or consulting.
* Minimum 2+years of experience in Internet technologies, standards andprotocols, including DNS, HTTP/HTTPS, Web architecture and design.
* Understanding of Web Application technology and knowledge of media workflow,online video, site delivery, web analytics and/or secuirty is a plus.
* Hands-on experience in one or more web development technologies /architectures - J2EE, HTTP, DNS, Flash, etc.
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills appropriate to bothtechnical and management clients.
* Must have experience developing and enhancing strong client relationships andexhibit strong account management skills.
* Domain knowledge of the Media, eCommerce or InfoSec industry.
* A proven track record demonstrating good business judgment, an ability tomake decisions, and a passion for excellence.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
/ Software Services
Functional Area: Sales
, Business Development
Role Category: Channel Sales
Role: Key Account Manager
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent