Create the detailed IT solution/service design, based on functional specifications, to meet quality and performance requirements and technical constraints. Responsible for the overall standards and direction of architecture and correct usage of Novartis ServiceNow platform.
- Create the detailed process designs necessary to operate the software/service on a day-to-day basis - Ensure designs produced adhere to architectural roadmap and support the development, execution and operations of software/service - Peer review and sign off detailed designs by business. - Ensure that detailed designs adhere to solution architecture design (i.e. high level conceptual design) and are traceable to functional as well as non-functional requirements in functional specification - Ensure the overall user experience is taken into account when designing new solutions and services - Take accountability to ensure adherence with Security and Compliance policies and procedures within Service Delivery scope Additional accountabilities (optional)
- Define and maintain ServiceNow platform architecture and governance framework, ensure the organization is educated appropriately
- Take accountability for ServiceNow product release upgrades ensuring minimal impact to existing operations while enabling new features
- Build business case for other teams in the organization to utilize the platform for additional features to add business value.
- Set standards for the ServiceNow platform governance related to best practices for defining configurations vs customizations, update set migration, cloning of environments, management of groups/users, creation and usage of reports, and data management
- Conduct platform impact assessment for significant changes to the platform at a design level initially and then at the code level to ensure standards have been followed for development and any adverse impact for production move is avoided
- Define and maintain training/accreditation for developers in technology
- Establish patterns of use and puts in place enablers for using patterns. Proactively keep patterns and enablers continuously updated to meet business needs in rapid cycle time.
University degree in computer science, business informatics or equivalent Fluent English written and spoken
- 8+ years of work experience in delivering and operating IT services on enterprise platforms, experience with cloud services and high-complex multi-tenant environments, experience with ServiceNow platform.
- Multi-year experience in managing development teams, distributed across geographies.
- Good understanding and knowledge of processes in a global health care industry
- ITIL foundation (minimum)
- High level of customer focus with significant business analysis skills
- Multi-year experience in implementing new processes or services using agile methodologies
- Experience in developing solutions with state-of-the-art IT Management Tools
- Expert in ServiceNow
- Experience in working with insourced & outsourced service providers.