Working in an Agile software development environment, the Test Automation Engineer QA should build new Automation Scripts as per test framework. These Automation Scripts allow us to perform end-to-end and regression testing in multi-component environments. He/She will be working with a group of Self-Organized Test Automation Engineers to automate regression test cases.
- Responsible for developing automated test scripts for Web Based Applications using Selenium Web Driver, Cucumber, Serenity Framework and JAVA.
- Create Test Automation Scripts as per Test Automation Framework and coding standards and make sure that 100% Automation Code coverage is followed with respect with the Test Scenario/case Functionality
- Implement Test Automation Framework enhancements to the impacted code base.
- Execute and deliver Test Automation Execution Results and communicate the defects identified to respective product teams.
- Maintenance of test Automation scripts and enhancing existing automation scripts to cover the new functionalities
- Ability to write simple SQL scripts to create and read data from Oracle DB.
- Responsible for maintaining latest code artifacts in version control systems like GIT and SVN.
- Participate in Daily Stand up Calls, works closely with the Agile Manager to know the deliverables and commitments of each Release/Sprint
- Ensures all deadlines associated with testing are met as well as ensuring all defects within assigned areas are reported prior to production deployment with no new issues found post release.
OTHER RELATED RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pursues training and development opportunities and strives continuously to build knowledge and skills by sharing expertise with others.
- Undertakes self-development activities and Seeks Increased responsibility and takes ownership of tasks at hand and Takes independent actions and calculated risks. Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities. Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Meets productivity standards and Completes work in timely manner and Strives to increase productivity.
- Follows instructions, responds to Team direction and takes responsibility for own actions and Keeps commitments by Committing to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Displays original thinking and creativity and Meets challenges with resourcefulness and also Generates suggestions for improving work by Developing innovative approaches and ideas by Presenting ideas and information in a manner that gets others attention.
Product QA Lead
RELEVANT EXPERIENCE & EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Masters or Bachelors in Engineering in IT/ Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Systems.
- 3 + years experience in IT services with minimum 2+ years experience in Automation Testing using Selenium Web Driver with JAVA or PYTHON.
- 1+ years of experience in developing automation scripts in Agile Environment using Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behavior Driven Development (BDD)
- 1 + years of experience in creating Gherkin scenarios using Cucumber or JBehave
- Good understanding of Scrum Methodology, Code Quality, Continuous Integration and Unit Testing.
- Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code using Core & Advanced Java Concepts.
- Exposure to Test Automation Framework/Scripts Creation in JAVA and Python.
- Experience working with databases like MySQL, MongoDB, and Oracle. nice-to-have
- Experience in API testing, XML, Web Services, REST API. nice-to-have
- Experience in DevOps and CI concepts nice-to-have
- Regression test Suites Execution and Monitoring Test Suites for delivering the automation execution results.
- Proficient with test/agile management tools like RALLY and JIRA is desired.
- Highly organized with the ability to strike a good balance between technology and business needs
- Ability to work well independently and in a team environment.
- Troubleshoot bottlenecks and propose changes to fix them.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excel proficiency
- Strong organizational skills and adaptive capacity for rapidly changing priorities and workloads
- Ability to work well independently and maintain focus on a topic for prolonged periods of time
- Comfort in working with team members that are remote and located in the US, India or other geographies
- Ability to work within a matrix organization
- Occasional requirement to travel (primarily related to training and Company meetings) within the US
- Flexibility to travel outside of the US based on business need preferred
- Ability to work seated at a computer for long periods of time