- Tracxn is a Bangalore based product company providing a research and deal sourcing platform for Venture Capital, Private Equity, Corp Devs & professionals working around the startup ecosystem.
- We are a team of 750+ working professionals serving customers across the globe. Our clients include Funds like Andreessen Horowitz, Sequoia Capital, Accel Partners, NEA; and Large Corporates such as ING, Societe Generale, LG and Royal Bank of Canada.
- We are funded by SAIF Partners which is a prominent VC fund. Angel investors like Ratan Tata, Nandan Nilekani, Sachin Bansal and Binny Bansal have also invested in Tracxn.
Key Responsibilities: 1. Develop a 360 degrees understanding of Tracxns product ,customer categories and competitors
- We are looking for a seasoned sales professional with a proven track record to join us as Associate Vice President - Business Development for EMEA Market
- This role is a senior management role reporting to the Senior AVP of Sales. You will be responsible for building & managing a high performing sales team which will directly report to you.
- This is a front end sales role . You will be directly responsible for driving end-to-end sales of our SaaS product from prospecting to closure . You will be expected to sell to a diverse set of clients like Venture Capital funds, Fortune 1000 Corporates, Investment Banks, Accelerators, Incubators etc.
- The position is based out of Bangalore, where you will work closely with your team and reach out to prospects remotely, over calls, emails and video conferences. Please note the role does not involve travelling to clients location.
- The timings for this position are 12 pm to 10 pm for EMEA market.
i. Develop a thorough understanding of Tracxns products and offerings
ii. Understand the different categories of customers we cater to. Understand how companies in these categories are driving innovation, investment decisions.
iii. Understand how Tracxn creates value for these companies. Understand how they use Tracxns platform and keep identifying newer use cases
iv. Monitor competitors activity globally. Stay updated about price points, new products/offerings launched
v. Stay updated on market developments that may have a direct impact on the business
- Initiatives by existing and/or target customers. For ex. A corporate client whose Corp Dev team is working with us launches a startup incubator
- New initiatives that may impact the market as a whole. For ex. a large corporate in a traditional industry sets up an external innovation team. This may lead to other corporates in this industry setting up similar teams
- Regulatory changes which may lead to innovation
2. Understand and implement the Sales Playbook
Thoroughly understand and implement the Sales Playbook - A sales guide created by Central Business Team. This includes whom to reach out to, the sales pitch, and the mailers among other things. Notify the Central Business Team if anything is missing/not working out and needs to be updated. Sales playbook includes following:
I. Allocate accounts to your team members
- Prioritise customers on the basis of relevance of their use case, sales conversion ratios, potential market size , engagement with Tracxns marketing initiatives etc
- Re-allocate accounts to the team members maximizing the chances of conversion by leveraging individual traits like subject matter expertise, exposure to the geo, and past track record of your team
II. Ensure inbound leads are serviced in a timely fashion
- Ensure all leads are reached out in timely fashion. Plan for contingencies such as Lead owner on leave, more leads assigned to a person than he can handle, multiple owners of a lead etc
- Ensure the team is using Sales Playbook to reach out to leads in most optimal way. Train and assist the team to customize the sales pitch according to the prospects and the situation
III. Ensure healthy sales pipeline through outbound
- Train and help the team members in generating demos via outbound - sending cold emails to the relevant contacts in the accounts assigned to them. Ensure the Sales Playbook is used by the team
- Ensure regular activity in all the accounts assigned. Re-allocate accounts with no activity from salesperson, new joinees, salesperson leaving the team etc.
IV. Take responsibility of closures for your territory
i. Completely own a territory and take responsibility of closures
- You will be individually assigned accounts as well which you will be required to close
- You will be responsible for the closures of your team as well and ensure that sales closures are happening at their end as well
ii. Supervise and proactively assist team members where your intervention may be required to close the sale. Brainstorm and customise the sales pitch according to the prospect
iii. Train and help the team members in preparing for the demos. Review the pre-demos notes filled by the sales team and suggest improvements
iv. Train and help the team members on how to push for closure once demo is done 3. Manage Sales Operations - Conduct 1-on-1s with BDM/BDEs on a daily basis.
4. Build and Manage your team
- Solve closure related customer queries. For ex: Missing use case, Pricing issues etc. Help team members in closure if needed
- Review the work done by the team, including new reach-outs done, follow ups made, demos given, sales pipeline created. Provide pointed feedback and improvement areas on the approach, quality and throughput of the work done. Take feedback from top management on decisions taken.
5. Track conversion funnel and provide strategic input
- Actively involved in hiring and building the team
- Identify training needs of your team members to reach their peak potential. Employ different training and mentoring methods for different team members, as needed
- Responsible for performance management within the team including appraisals, monthly ratings, discipline, etc
6. Improve the Sales Playbook
- Closely monitor the conversion funnel of your team - sales pipeline, leads reached out to, demos set up, post demo follow ups, and closures
- Regular updates for the Leadership Team and the Board on key sales metrics including new customers, renewals, churns, and growth rate etc. Identify the bottlenecks and update management
- Analyse issues raised by customers. Provide feedback to Product, Business and Customer Success teams to improve the customer life cycle and experience
Here is what we are looking for:
- Work with Central Business Team and pick projects to help improve the Sales Playbook. You can work on mailers (reach-out, follow-ups), collaterals, pitch across customer categories
- Evolve Sales Playbook after understanding latest global practices, feedback from the BD team, interaction with the customers, past experience etc.
What can you expect at Tracxn?
- 6+ years of strong work experience in Enterprise/Institutional Sales (experience in cross-border Remote Sales / Inside Sales / Concept selling is a plus)
- At least 3 years in sales closures
- Prior team handling experience is preferred
- Flexible, organized and able to handle competing priorities
- Ready to relocate to Bangalore
- Meritocracy Driven, Candid Culture. No Politics.
- Like Minded Intellectually Curious Colleagues.
- High Paced Learning. Continuous Mentorship to help Achieve Peak Potential
- Learn to Manage Multi-Tier Reporting
- Neha Singh (ex-Sequoia, BCG | MBA - Stanford GSB)
- Abhishek Goyal (ex-Accel Partners, Amazon | BTech - IIT Kanpur)