Job Description - Vice President-Technology
The Vice President, Information Technology role for our High Frequency Trading clinet will provide the vision, strategy, direction and leadership in the development and implementation of all global information technology infrastructure and systems projects and initiatives. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of how technology and business are intertwined and aligned within an organization. They will have a strong business focus and track record driving business results through technology enablement. They will have strong communication and change management skills. They should be forward thinking while also delivering on the day-to-day needs of the organization. The ideal candidate will be able to provide technology infrastructure up 24x7 to enable business to function with global stock exchange and communicate to all levels of the organization from the shift person to our Board members. This position is critical in helping to drive overall process and technology efficiency and standardization across all the organisation.
Specifically, this role will be accountable for:
- The overall strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of information technology processes, systems and resources
- Partnering with senior and executive leadership on the application of standardizing on current and new business and mining technologies, systems and processes
- Prioritizing multiple projects and initiatives in a fast-paced and ever-changing business environment
- Developing, implementing and maintaining required organizational policies and standards and business and SOX audit standards
- Managing the annual technology financial operating and capital budget processes
- Understanding of P&L and Capital budgeting process while also driving towards improving efficiency in ongoing IT costs and annual spend
- Overseeing and managing the day-to-day IT department operations, systems and infrastructure
- Researching and staying current on new technologies related to the mining industry, energy industry and other industries
- Overseeing planning and management for all business-critical technology processes and functions, including systems design, software development, enterprise & network architecture, implementations & installations of hardware, software, security, disaster recovery, etc.
- Aligning the IT strategic vision with the company while ensuring that IT investments and spend are aligned to business goals
- Overseeing business cases with time estimates and cost/benefit analyses on the implementation of new or revised systems and technologies
- Managing and overseeing all IT vendor relationships and partnerships
- Determining and proposing necessary IT investments and expenditures to the IT Steering Committee on new technology
- Serving as a business partner and liaison to internal departments, as well as external teams, such as auditors, vendors, customers, etc.
- Evaluating and mentoring IT team members and working with the team on career development and training needs
- Developing and implementing both short-term and long-term IT business goals and initiatives that align and fit the current and future -organizational business strategy
- Leading and overseeing IT due diligence and integrations with global office;
Other necessary skills and competencies required :
- Ability to focus on the big picture while also digging into the details when necessary
- Ability to think both creatively and analytically on business problem solving
- Demonstrates a high level of personal and professional integrity and intellectual honesty and ability to handle sensitive and difficult conversations and situations
- Ability to build relationships across the organization with multiple groups /departments
- Experience in change management and communication on cross-functional teams
- Develops high performing teams across the organization and focuses on accountability while maintaining high quality results
- Energy, motivation and drive to be entrepreneurial in a fast-paced and results-driven environment
- Ability to be flexible and respond quickly to organizational needs and the ability to motivate others toward a common goal
- Extensive peer network and knowledge of how technology is used and implemented in "best-in-class" organizations
- Strong negotiation skills and knowledge of the local and global IT vendor network
- Ability to think creatively, conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach
- Demonstrates a high degree of financial acumen and business mind set
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with the business and the ability to manage up and out within the organization
- Strong presentation and communication skills and the ability to communicate simply very technical concepts to audiences at all levels of the organization
Knowledge and experience with C++,C#,Linus,OOPS,datastructure etc.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry: Banking, Financial Services, Broking
Role Category:Senior Management
Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent
UG: Any Graduate - Any Specialization, B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Computers
PG:Any Postgraduate - Any Specialization
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Huquo Consulting Pvt. Ltd
CONSULACE BUSINESS SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED
10 - 20 yrs Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyder...
Keyskills: Java, Chief Technical Officer, Technical Design, Database Design, PHP...
Adonis Recruitment Consultants Pvt Ltd.
15 - 25 yrs Mumbai, Kochi, Trivandrum
Keyskills: insurance, insurance regulatory, IT BUDGETING, chief technology officer...
NRN Business Solutions
10 - 16 yrs Bengaluru
Keyskills: Technical Architect, IT Project Delivery, R&D, Project Management, IT Head,...
TODSYS TECHNOLOGIES PRIVATE LIMITED
15 - 20 yrs Hyderabad
Keyskills: S3, Java, Grails, avp information technology, Groovy, IOS...
17 - 25 yrs Pune
Keyskills: Product Development, Java, Software Development, Resource Planning, Subject...
Era IT Solution
10 - 20 yrs Noida
Keyskills: drone solutions, defence, drone products, drone testing, drone pre - sales,...
15 - 22 yrs Bengaluru
Keyskills: global delivery, delivery, delivery manager, delivery management...
Ondot Systems India Pvt Ltd
15 - 20 yrs Bengaluru
Keyskills: Software Development, Core Java, flexcube, Software Manager, Core Banking...