SHL helps organizations assess, select and develop the right people for the right roles using proven, science-based assessments, technologies, consulting services and benchmark data and offer support to clients across the entire employee life cycle, engaging HR and leaders from Finance, IT, Sales and other organizational teams. As a result, we help executives improve business performance by realizing the value and potential of people. For more details please log on to www.shl.com
Would you like to work with the team that created 2019 world HR best product? Recognized for its world-class design driven by AI, while meeting the highest psychometric standards on any device.
As a Database Developer you are responsible for database design and development of new database objects including tables, views, functions, stored procedures, indexes, jobs etc., following Agile Development Methodology. DBA activities like database back up, restore, replication etc. are also part of this role. Also responsible for understanding, suggesting and choose from, possible technical solutions/tools to satisfy business needs-choices that reflect a solution that balances design, use, and support. Use the best practices/techniques for keeping the design/solution under control without excessive work or rework.
- Follow Agile software development methodology to gather requirements, design, and develop high quality deliverables.
- Work closely with development team and product team to ensure the design meets the requirements
- Work closely with Quality Assurance team to ensure and maintain quality standards
- Assist developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement
- Developing and debugging complex queries, stored procedures, functions, schema as per requirement
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end
- Analyze index performance/requirements
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience with backups, restores and recovery models
- Experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools
- Sharp eye for minute details in design.
- Hands on experience SQL Server 2012, 2014, and 2016.
- Must be familiar with Client Tools such as SSMS, SQL Profiler, TOAD.
- Experience collaborating with a team of Java developers
- Flexible, team player, "get-it-done" personality
- Ability to multi-task and context-switch effectively between different activities and teams
- Experience with other relational databases like MySQL.
- Develop procedures and scripts for data migration
Good to Have Skills
- Good to have: Prior experience of working with AGILE model
- Good to have: Experience with other Cloud native databases AWS Aurora, DynamoDB.
- Good to have: Knowledge of data migration tools like SSIS.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, deadline-driving environment
What SHL Can Offer You
- A culture comprised of diverse, global teams who have a passion for collaboration and client service.
- A comprehensive benefits package.
- Support, coaching, and on-the-job development to achieve career success.
- The ability to engage, influence, and impact a broad array of the world's leading executives.