About the ORG:
The Kindle Content Quality (KCQ) program was conceived with a strong focus on Metadata and content quality. The team aspires to deliver the highest quality content experience for every book digitally supported in any language to its customers. We believe high-quality content will help us win the trust and loyalty of readers, and will drive readers to read more digital content on Kindle devices and apps.
The Kindle team is looking for Catalog Associate/Digital Content Associate to assist with Kindle content. This role involves assessing the quality of Kindle eBooks and related information about those books (book descriptions, titles, authors and features functionality). The project is a mission critical one where the need for a high quality bar is paramount.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- The primary responsibility of the role is to perform quality checks on web pages and digital content for the e-book reader
- The role will require the candidate to quickly understand the eBook content editing tools and operation workflow tools
- Catalog Associate needs to continuously adapt and learn new features on the Editors and improve on acumen to quickly edit and fix up contents. Digital Content Associate has to follow editing SOP to spot/catch errors in the content
- Catalog Associate needs to perform content quality check to qualify user experience for content viewing (flow and format quality) and usage on the Kindle device. Digital Content Associate will need to use software tools for quality audit, content editing and data capture
- The associate will need to be aware of the operations metrics like productivity (Number of titles processed per hour), quality (defect %age) and delivery/latency SLA. The associate will be measured on the compliance to these Metrics, SLA requirements, QA guidelines, team, and personal goals.
- Catalog Associate should be a team player and come up with improvement ideas to his direct report and improve the editing/QA process
- The associate will need to often contact stakeholders globally to provide status reports, communicate relevant information and escalate when needed
- May be required to audit /evaluate books with adult content.
Education Qualification: (Graduate with exposure to MS Office)
Work Experience: (0-2 years)
Communication Skills: Excellent communication skills (written and spoken) in English language
Demonstrated ability to work in a team in a very dynamic environment
Preferred Qualifications :
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work environment driven by complex software systems and processes
- Self-starter, good team player
- Strong attention to detail in editing content and deep dive and identify root causes of issues
- Good at problem solving, data analysis and troubleshooting issues related to content editing
- Good interpersonal skills to manage ongoing relationships with software team and inter operations teams
- Working knowledge of XML standards would be an added advantage
- Knowledge of or experience in Publishing industry is a big plus
Contract Role : This is a contract role for a period of 6 months
Shifts: Fixed (08:00 AM - 05:00 PM)
Weekly Off: 5 days working week with weekends off
Industry: IT Services & Consulting
Functional Area: Customer Success
, Service & Operations
Role Category: Non Voice
Role: Non - Tech Support - Non Voice
Employment Type: Full Time, Temporary/Contractual