Skill required: Investment Banking - Corporate Action Operations
Designation: Management Level - Associate
Job Location: Chennai
Qualifications: Any Graduation
Years of Experience: 1-3 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned to our Financial Services, Banking, Insurance, and Capital Market vertical which is focused on helping clients with their operations & investment portfolios.
You will be working as a part of Investment Banking team which specializes primarily in selling securities and underwriting the issuance of new equity shares to raise capital funds. They act as intermediaries between security issuers and investors and help new firms to go public.
The Corporate Action Operations team focuses on handling claim validation and processing of payments to clients on a global perspective and reviewing corporate action events using database systems. The team is responsible for dealing with debt security issues in the US market, finding discrepancies between custody and accounting records, analyzing asset servicing and managing corporate action events like notification, data capturing, validation, and processing of mandatory corporate action events announced in the market. The team is also responsible for handling end to end processing of fixed income products like dividends, bonds, funds, and validation events.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Customer Service Management
- Investment Banking
- Adaptable and flexible
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to meet deadlines
It would be a value add if you are proficient in:
- Core Banking Fundamentals
- Investment portfolio
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you are required to solve routine problems, largely through precedent and referral to general guidelines
- Your expected interactions are within your team and direct supervisor
- You will be provided detailed to a moderate level of instruction on daily work tasks and detailed instruction on new assignments and the decisions that you make that would impact your work
- You will need to be well versed with basic statistics and terms involved in the day to day business and use it while discussing with stakeholders
- You will be required to help in the overall team's workload by managing your deliverables and help the team when required
- You will be an individual contributor as a part of a team, with a predetermined focused scope of work.