Skill required: Record To Report - Fixed Asset Accounting
Designation: Management Level - Associate
Job Location: Chennai
Years of Experience: 1-3 years
What would you do?
You will be aligned with our Finance Operations vertical and will be helping us in determining financial outcomes by collecting operational data/reports, whilst conducting analysis and reconciling transactions.
The Record to Report team helps clients and organizations in their operational efficiency and balance sheet integrity, cuts time to close and safeguards compliance with regulatory requirements. The areas where this team's expertise lies is in posting journal entries, preparing balance sheet reconciliations, reviewing entries and reconciliations, preparing cash forecasting statement, supporting month end closing, preparing reports and supports in audits.
The role is focused on implementing process and solutions to record and process all aspects of Fixed Asset Accounting. The team works in the area of fixed assets mass additions, retirements, transfers, depreciation, accruals, capital work in progress additions. This position may also include working on chart of accounts alignment, back office integration, folio management, payment processing,physical inventory and Construction in Pro transfer & retirement of assets, cess (CIP) project accounting. Having a strong understanding of fixed asset activities and transactions (with US GAAP/IFRS knowledge) and SOX controls is preferred.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for individuals who have the following skillset:
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Ability to work well in a team
- Ability to handle disputes
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
- Ability to meet deadlines
Roles and Responsibilities
- In this role, you are required to solve routine problems, largely through precedent and referral to general guidelines
- Your expected interactions are within your team and direct supervisor
- You will be provided detailed to a moderate level of instruction on daily work tasks and detailed instruction on new assignments and the decisions that you make that would impact your work
- You will need to be well versed with basic statistics and terms involved in the day to day business and use it while discussing with stakeholders
- You will be required to help in the overall team's workload by managing your deliverables and help the team when required
- You will be an individual contributor as a part of a team, with a predetermined focused scope of work.