Role & responsibilities -
- Designing and developing software that powers some of the biggest online events at scale
- Improving the efficiency of our products by coming up with creative solutions; this directly impacts Akamai's bottom-line.
- Adopting latest technology standards to keep our software up to date, keeping us ahead of the curve.
- Taking ownership of assigned modules by becoming the Subject Matter Expert. Akamai favors quality over quantity
- Helping your colleagues to solve their problems; we foster a collaborative work culture
- Troubleshooting and debugging problems on the Akamai platform
Preferred candidate profile
- Have a bachelors degree and 2+ years of relevant industry experience
- Have expertise in troubleshooting & good understanding of C and/or C++
- Have an understanding in Systems Programming (GNU/Linux) including multi-threading, memory management, I/O and other interactions with the kernel.
- Able to communicate effectively, both in written and verbal form
Role:Back End Developer
Salary: 12-17 Lacs P.A.
Department:Engineering - Software & QA
Role Category:Software Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
PG:MS/M.Sc(Science) in Any Specialization,M.Tech in Any Specialization,MCA in Any Specialization
Akamai is the leading global service provider for accelerating content and business processes online. Akamai has transformed the Internet from a chaotic network into a predictable, scalable, and secure business platform. Akamai routinely handles 15% of total Internet traffic. The company has created the world's largest and most widely used on-demand distributed computing platform, with more than 14,000 servers in 1,100 networks in 65+ countries.
1,726 organizations have formed trusted relationships with Akamai, improving revenue and reducing costs by maximizing the performance of their online businesses. Akamai's customers include 6 of the top 10 companies from the DJIA, 6 of the top 10 agencies on the Keynote Government 40 index, and many Fortune 500 companies. In India, Akamai's customers include Rediff.com, Sify.com, NDTV, Fab Mall, India times, amongst others. The company's strong partner ecosystem includes IBM and EDS, as well as Web-hosting companies, systems integrators, Web developers, software and hardware vendors, and network providers.
Headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts, Akamai's industry-leading services, matched with world-class customer care, are used by hundreds of today's most successful enterprises and government agencies around the globe. In India, Akamai's office is located in Bangalore.
Address:Ground Floor, Augusta Building, Off Intermediate Ri, BANGALORE, Karnataka, India