The Capability Network is a global, distributed strategy and management consulting organization that drives value for our clients and creates competitive advantage for Accenture, through the use of its extensive capabilities, global reach and flexibility, and cost advantage.
Zero Based Budgeting (ZBX) under Capability Network drives initiatives aimed at reduction in the direct and indirect spend categories. These savings value drivers are targeted for both immediate tactical and long-term strategic cost reduction. Our strong analytics skills working alongside the latest digital and technology platforms help us deliver quantified and substantial reduction in clients costs. Our team of industry experts have deep domain knowledge of the direct and indirect categories across multiple industries which enable us to drive broader cost transformation programs.
Various service offerings by the ZBX team are as follows
• Zero Based Budgeting (ZBB)
• Direct Material Sourcing
• Indirect Material Sourcing
• Data Analytics across Financial Data (General Ledge, Purchase Order, Accounts Payables data, etc.) and Operational Data across Direct and Indirect categories
• Digital Sourcing & Technology Initiatives
• Hands-on experience with analytical tools such as MS Excel, PowerBI, Alteryx would be an added advantage
The Core Capabilities of ZBX Practice combines the broad focus of Operational Strategy with the deep expertise in indirect and direct material categories, strong analytics skills driven by the next wave digital and technology initiatives.
Accenture ZBX Practice has expertise in delivering projects with quantified savings in the indirect and direct categories, through Zero Base Budgeting and Closed Loop transformation within finance organizations for over 20+ years working with over 200 clients across the Globe.
Accenture ZBX Practice has industry expertise and methodology skills for broader transformation program implementations with about 145 resources.
Principal Duties And Responsibilities: An applicant in the ZBX team within the Capability Network (CN) in Accenture would be a part of a globally diverse consulting team entrusted with the task of delivering cost transformation engagements for clients across industries.
The resource is expected to work as part of a global team to support and lead ZBX engagements across a broad range of industries to address their issues related to:
- Competitive agility - maximizing the value of the procurement function
- COGs Cost takeout - utilizing various technical and commercial levers including complex sourcing, fact-based negotiation, should-cost modelling, tear-down, design to cost principles, specification rationalization
- Digital disruption - RPA, AI, Blockchain, amongst others
- Mergers & Acquisition - clean room-based synergy identification and PMI execution
- Responsible Procurement - redefining, executing and monitoring performance against environmental, social and corporate governance targets.
You will spot, isolate, and solve procurement problems using your skills in:
- Advanced analytics - spend, contracts, consumption, parts rationalization and complexity reduction. Predictive and prescriptive insights driven from market based conditions
- Should-cost modelling Direct / COGS (incl. chemicals, resins/plastics, metals, ingredients, contract manufacturing, assemblies, semi conductors etc.)
- Operating model architecture - people, process technology
You will also, throughout your work, have opportunities to:
- Lead small to medium sized teams (3 - 10), with diverse backgrounds skills and knowledge
- Effectively manage and coach others, collaborating with internal and external parties
- Support client sales origination and thought leadership development
- Challenge legacy ways of working using constructive techniques that fuel client growth
- Drive a positive impact in the communities where we work and live
Qualifications: Educational Qualifications: B.E./B.Tech. from Tier 1 engineering institutes and MBA from Tier1 B School
Experience: An expert in Direct Materials Procurement. You know how to make procurement work for clients, society, and our planet - ensuring input products and services are received responsibly without interruption. And, what s more - you ve got the real-life experience and analytical know-how in one or several manufacturing industries and associated Direct Material Categories to reduce product complexity, optimize supply chain risk exposure, increase supplier resiliency long-term profitability.
Anywhere between 2-12 years of experience across levels including consulting / strategy/ industry experience working in Direct Materials Procurement or COGs related cost takeout initiatives
Experience in a consulting firm and global exposure is desirable
Oil & Gas, Healthcare (Operations), CG&S, Retail, Automotive, Telecom, Logistics and Hi-Tech industry experience would be preferred
Key Competencies and Skills:
Assist in developing business case for ZBX programs
Ability to support execution of various stages of strategic cost reduction, zero based budgeting and operations value transformation programs
Ability to identify, evaluate and prioritize sourcing and cost reduction opportunities through in-depth spend analysis
Conduct effective category specific secondary market research (including supply market dynamics, demand trends, industry cost structures, Porter s 5 forces analysis) and develop meaningful recommendations
Assist in developing category specific sourcing strategies
Familiarity with analytical tools such MS Excel, PowerBI, Alteryx, etc. would be desirable
Knowledge of MS Access, SQL would be an additional advantage
Excellent data analytics / data interpretation and presentation skills are essential
Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must
Should have good project and people management skills