Designation: Principal Scientist Bioinformatics/Computational Biology
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Computational & Data Sciences
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
The incumbent will leverage a deep understanding of computational biology approaches and combine bioinformatics, multi-omics analyses, data analytics for life sciences and healthcare applications.
- Deliver bioinformatics applications and integrative solutions to complex problems in pharma and other domains
- Perform multiomics data processing, assembly, analysis, reporting and integrative analysis to answer biological questions, inform clinically meaningful insights
- Work with bioinformaticians, data scientists and software engineers to scale and strengthen computational approaches, from the R&D lab through to deployment as high-throughput reproducible workflows
- Execute protein bioinformatics tasks including sequence database searches, preparing research literature summaries, protein and nucleotide sequence alignments, and phylogenetic analysis.
- Monitor projects, milestones, and deliverables to ensure completion on time and within specification
PhD or equivalent experience in Bioinformatics/Computational Biology/Computational Genomics or related discipline
- Proven track record of developing solutions that combine omics, molecular biology, statistics and bioinformatics algorithms.
- Experience in statistical analysis and bioinformatics methods/tools/databases
- Outstanding command of statistics, quantitative data analysis and complex data visualization
- Experience in analyzing multiple biological data modalities, including genomics, epigenomics, proteomics, transcriptomics, metagenomics
- Working knowledge of content, analysis methods and applications used in therapeutic discovery, preclinical research, translational medicine and clinical science domains
- Knowledge of systems modeling approaches
10 years of relevant work experience
- Results-oriented individual who thrives in collaborative multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent management skills, including the ability to set goals, define priorities, manage individual / team performance, organize people and activities to achieve goals
- Project/Team leadership experience with ability to communicate with customers and internal stakeholders
- Proven ability to mentor and develop a team, providing coaching, opportunities to develop skills, constructive and timely feedback on performance/progress toward goals/expectations
- Good verbal and written communication abilities
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Role:Data Science & Analytics - Other
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences
Department:Data Science & Analytics
Role Category:Data Science & Analytics - Other
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Over the past 16 years, Syngene has successfully partnered with leading pharmaceutical companies, large biotech companies, crop protection companies and cosmetics companies. Syngene together with Bristol-Myers Squibb has set up a dedicated research facility in Bangalore to help advance Bristol-Myers Squibb's work in discovery and early drug development.
To advance its programs and expand its capabilities, Syngene is looking to recruit outstanding scientific talents.
So come and join us in our journey of scientific innovation.
For further details, please visit www.syngeneintl.com.
Address:No.43, Velankani Information Systems,, Hosur Road, Electronic City, Phase-I, Bengaluru (Bangalore) Urban, Karnataka, BANGALORE, Karnataka, India