- Provide technical leadership and build in architecture, design and engineering in modernization of legacy Data Ingestion, ETL and Database to new technologies in the Public Cloud (AWS/Azure), Big Data and API Space
- Lead the technology transformation from our legacy Data and Analytic platforms to a Big Data Cloud based Modern Software paradigm. Be innovative in solution design and development to meet the needs of the business
- Create a common framework and repository for the development of Modern APIs available to the Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, Product Engineering Team
- Demonstrate leadership in the context of software engineering and be an evangelist for engineering best practices
- Create next generation streaming applications to use our Data as a strategic platform to grow the top line revenue
- Stay abreast of leading-edge technologies in the industry evaluating emerging software technologies
- Work collaboratively with all business areas to assess unmet/new business needs and solutions
- Encourage the growth of junior engineers on the team through skills development, mentoring and technical guidance
- Create a startup mentality to accelerate the introduction of new capabilities and transform teams
- Avid supporter of the Open Source software community
- Display a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction
BS / BA in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
7+ years of software product development experience working on commercially available software and / or healthcare platforms
4+ months of experience developing solutions hosted within public cloud providers such as Azure or AWS or private cloud/container based systems using Mesos, Kubernetes/OpenShift
Experience with Data warehousing services on Azure
Experience with Big Data technologies like HDFS, Hive, Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Big Data technologies like Spark, HBase, MapReduce, Storm, Flume, Sqoop, Pig, Apache Drill, Oozie, Zeppelin
Experience in using modern software engineering and product development tools including Agile / SAFE, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, DevOps, etc.
Strong experience of operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirement
Proven track record of building relationships across cross-functional teams
Excellent time management, communication, decision making, and presentation skills
Experience building Big Data solutions on public cloud (Azure)
Experience building data pipelines with Kafka and Kafka Streams
Experience developing Java RESTful Services using Spring Boot
Experience with Automation Frameworks Selenium WebDriver, Restassured, SOAP UI
Experience of developing cloud based API gateways
Experience / exposure to API integration frameworks
Experience in the healthcare industry
Java/Scala development experience
Good understanding of Microservices architecture
Ability to establish repeatable processes, best practices and implement version control software in a Cloud team environment
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:System Design/Implementation/ERP/CRM
Role:Outside Technical Consultant
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Tech/B.E. - Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
Optum Global Solutions (India) Private Limited
If you're going to change careers, why not look for an employer that's out to change everything? If you have that kind of appetite for change, Optum is the right place for you. As part of the growing UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we're driving innovation and change all over the world. That's creating opportunity right here in India for people with energy, passion and a focus on quality. We're driven to help people live healthier lives and to help make the health care system work better for everyone. We want to make a difference and that makes this the one job opportunity that can change everything for you.
As part of UnitedHealth Group, a Fortune 6 company, Optum is a leading health services and technology company dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 115,000 people collaborating worldwide, Optum combines people, technology, data and action to improve the delivery, quality and efficiency of health care.
This work takes all of your commitment, skills, passion and energy. It's hard to become #1 and even harder to stay in the lead. That's why we rely on a set of fundamental principles that are guiding our way forward. Our values of integrity, compassion, relationships, innovation, and performance serve as a foundation to transform health care.
Are you in? Learn more about your future at Optum: workatoptum.com
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: Optum is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Optum is a drug-free workplace.
(c) 2017 Optum Global Solutions (India) Private Limited (formerly known as QSSI Technologies India Private Limited). All rights reserved.
Contact Company:Optum Global Solutions (India) Private Limited
Address :USA, Adilabad, Andaman & Nicobar, USA