Designation: Lead Investigator Data Sciences
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Computational & Data Sciences
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
We are looking for a highly motivated data scientist to lead the Data Sciences team and work closely with the domain leaders to build a world class platform for data enabled drug discovery.
- Responsible for Syngenes AI platform for drug discovery
- Lead data science solutions across life sciences including analytical offerings, embedding them within broader processes and technologies.
- Interact with domain experts to understand data, business challenges and design robust, scalable solutions.
- Develop technical framework and strategy for AI platform, implement the plan with development partners and work with stakeholders to validate the approach.
- Mentor and interact with members of staff at all levels to foster growth and encourage development.
- Communicate effectively and establish credibility throughout the organization as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Doctorate/Post graduate qualification in Statistics/Mathematics/Physics/Engineering.
- Proven expertise in defining and validating computational approaches to generate hypotheses
- Deep knowledge of learning algorithms and applications
- Extensive experience in working with large-scale datasets and in big data architecture.
- Ability to translate business questions into analytical problems and build appropriate solutions
- Experience in designing and deploying data analytics solutions
- Experience leading and coordinating a project team
- Ability to work in a dynamic multidisciplinary environment
- More than 10 years of relevant experience; Life Sciences experience preferred.
- Ability to train, develop, manage teams and lead from the front.
- Strategic mindset, business acumen and outstanding problem-solving skills.
- Ability to set and manage objectives for self and team to achieve organizational goals.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Outstanding communication and influencing skills, ability to communicate with customers and internal stakeholders.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Role:Data Science & Machine Learning - Other
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences
Department:Data Science & Analytics
Role Category:Data Science & Machine Learning
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
Over the past 16 years, Syngene has successfully partnered with leading pharmaceutical companies, large biotech companies, crop protection companies and cosmetics companies. Syngene together with Bristol-Myers Squibb has set up a dedicated research facility in Bangalore to help advance Bristol-Myers Squibb's work in discovery and early drug development.
To advance its programs and expand its capabilities, Syngene is looking to recruit outstanding scientific talents.
So come and join us in our journey of scientific innovation.
For further details, please visit www.syngeneintl.com.
Address:No.43, Velankani Information Systems,, Hosur Road, Electronic City, Phase-I, Bengaluru (Bangalore) Urban, Karnataka, BANGALORE, Karnataka, India